Cannot get to Recordings or Tasks from Settings

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
Post Reply
NTC
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:26 pm
Device ID: 10751B42

Cannot get to Recordings or Tasks from Settings

Post by NTC » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:14 pm

Noticed on 20191120b that from the Settings page I cannot get to the Recordings and Tasks tabs on the top menu. Using the TV remote directional buttons, from the cog wheel I can only highlight Discover and Live when moving the focus to the left, it skips the others. On Sony and Hisense TVs with Oreo.

red5908
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: Cannot get to Recordings or Tasks from Settings

Post by red5908 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:16 pm

On Fire TV 4K after entering the Settings page the arrows seem to move two steps and the back button exits the app.

On Xbox One S after you enter the settings page the arrows don’t work at all so you can’t use the page at all. Pressing the B button on the controller exits the app.

Both are on UI 20191120.

leerandall
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:49 pm
Device ID: 131102D9, 1326E147

Re: Cannot get to Recordings or Tasks from Settings

Post by leerandall » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:50 pm

red5908 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:16 pm
On Fire TV 4K after entering the Settings page the arrows seem to move two steps and the back button exits the app.

On Xbox One S after you enter the settings page the arrows don’t work at all so you can’t use the page at all. Pressing the B button on the controller exits the app.

Both are on UI 20191120.
This happens with my Shield as well on UI ver. 1120 (beta)

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Cannot get to Recordings or Tasks from Settings

Post by NedS » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:38 am

Being looked into

NTC
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:26 pm
Device ID: 10751B42

Re: Cannot get to Recordings or Tasks from Settings

Post by NTC » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:47 am

Fixed with 20191125b. Thanks.

leerandall
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:49 pm
Device ID: 131102D9, 1326E147

Re: Cannot get to Recordings or Tasks from Settings

Post by leerandall » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:59 am

NTC wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:47 am
Fixed with 20191125b. Thanks.
I agree.

GetMatt
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:45 pm
Device ID: 1310683C, 13196816, 10733FC0

Re: Cannot get to Recordings or Tasks from Settings

Post by GetMatt » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:27 pm

This is only partially fixed. If you are on the recording tab and scroll over to the settings w/o clicking on settings and then try to go left from settings it doesn’t work.

leerandall
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:49 pm
Device ID: 131102D9, 1326E147

Re: Cannot get to Recordings or Tasks from Settings

Post by leerandall » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:48 pm

GetMatt wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:27 pm
This is only partially fixed. If you are on the recording tab and scroll over to the settings w/o clicking on settings and then try to go left from settings it doesn’t work.
My Shield does not exhibit the above-described behavior. It is working as it expected.

GetMatt
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:45 pm
Device ID: 1310683C, 13196816, 10733FC0

Re: Cannot get to Recordings or Tasks from Settings

Post by GetMatt » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:50 pm

leerandall wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:48 pm
GetMatt wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:27 pm
This is only partially fixed. If you are on the recording tab and scroll over to the settings w/o clicking on settings and then try to go left from settings it doesn’t work.
My Shield does not exhibit the above-described behavior. It is working as it expected.
I am seeing this happening on Xbox.

nateb
Silicondust
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:22 pm
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: Cannot get to Recordings or Tasks from Settings

Post by nateb » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:08 pm

GetMatt wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:50 pm
leerandall wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:48 pm
GetMatt wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:27 pm
This is only partially fixed. If you are on the recording tab and scroll over to the settings w/o clicking on settings and then try to go left from settings it doesn’t work.
My Shield does not exhibit the above-described behavior. It is working as it expected.
I am seeing this happening on Xbox.
Seeing it too. Very unique issue. Seems to only happen with the Xbox controller and not with keyboard keys.

GetMatt
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:45 pm
Device ID: 1310683C, 13196816, 10733FC0

Re: Cannot get to Recordings or Tasks from Settings

Post by GetMatt » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:43 pm

nateb wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:08 pm
GetMatt wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:50 pm
leerandall wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:48 pm


My Shield does not exhibit the above-described behavior. It is working as it expected.
I am seeing this happening on Xbox.
Seeing it too. Very unique issue. Seems to only happen with the Xbox controller and not with keyboard keys.
Glad you can replicate, let me know if you need anything else from me.

Post Reply