"Recording End" does not stick -- UI bug

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
HenryGab
Device ID: 15301857 13182F70

"Recording End" does not stick -- UI bug

Post by HenryGab » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:40 pm

Issue Title: "Recording End" selection does not work

Steps to Repro:
1. goto "Discover"
2. Click on a new series to record
3. Choose to "Record Series"
4. Choose to end recording "2m After"
5. Choose to "Record All Episodes"
6. Goto "Tasks" and open the new series from the bottom of the list
7. Review the "Recording End" setting shown... (ISSUE A)

8. Select the next-to-record episode (top of list)
9. Click on "Recording End" to open menu to modify the end-time of the recording
10. Select to end recording "1m After" (by clicking on green bar, not oval), which closes this menu
11. Click to select that first episode again.
12. Review the "Recording End" setting shown, while the episode is selected after the above steps. (ISSUE B)

Expected Results at ISSUE A:
Screen should reflect that all shows were set to end recording "2m After".

Actual Results at ISSUE A:
Screen reflects that the "2m After" setting that was set for the series was lost/not applied.

Expected Results at ISSUE B:
Screen should reflect that this single episode was set to end recording "1m After".

Actual Results at ISSUE B:
Screen reflects that the "1m After" setting that was set for the single episode was lost/not applied.

HenryGab
Device ID: 15301857 13182F70

Re: "Recording End" does not stick -- UI bug

Post by HenryGab » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:21 pm

In case it's needed...
Device Info:
HDHomeRun SERVIO Device ID: 15301857, FW 20190621
HDHomeRun PRIME Device ID: 13182F70, FW 20190621

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: "Recording End" does not stick -- UI bug

Post by signcarver » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:37 pm

If it is a Series recording, you cannot dictate times for a single episode as the Start and End is for the entire series. The time there is meant more to select what to set it for not what it is set at.

In theory one can make a oneoff but that kills your series and changes such to a oneoff (I just tried this and if you click, possibly twice, on an episode it will make a one off... the others are still showing they will be recorded but if you check the actual tasks, the series task is gone and only oneoffs exist... the red dot is back to only showing on one episode though one may have others set, and when I set up a few, one of my 1 minute, 10 minute ones showed up (when I manually retrieved the rules) as 1 10 while most of them were 60 600 so not all actually computed that I selected minutes. When you choose a padding time in the UI for tasks that applies to all in the series as it updates when you choose it.

Yes I would say the UI should display what the series settings are but when in tasks I don't expect it to list other than for the entire series (note on time does not necessarily mean on time it it was set to whatever you set it as unless you change it there or click record then it sets such again for the series)

Edit: I figured out the minutes becoming seconds issue is when one chooses through discover and it does allow one to set what the padding is individually but does not display what it is set to. When one chooses through tasks, it does set actual seconds but affects the entire series.

Really on oneoffs, it might be best to just list that one episode not all upcoming as each task is seperate.