Slice Behavior issue

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
regator99

Slice Behavior issue

Post by regator99 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:08 am

Not to pile on with all the other complaints about the new UI (though, I am really not enjoying the user experience (nor is my family).

However, I have noticed something strange in the slice view. I use AndroidTV as my clients (1 - ShieldTV, 2 - MiBox, and a Sony XBR AndroidTV).

On the Sony & MiBox (but not the Shield), if I scroll up on the slice and sometimes the view will pop out to the left, showing the same show that is currently playing, if I select it takes me to the record menu, since I don't want that but wanted to watch I hit the "Back" button and it exits the record option screen and takes me back to the original show I was watching but what is strange is that it takes me back to the timestamp of when I first started watching that particular channel, It could be 1 minute, but I have also seen it jump back 10 minutes.

Note: if the slice doesn't move to the left and show additional time and I select "OK" then all works, it only happens if it pops out to the left to show additional information even if the show is currently playing.

Hope that makes sense or someone else can test to see if they are seeing the same behaviour.