Bug in SD roadmap

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
DRMsucks

Bug in SD roadmap

Post by DRMsucks » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:16 am

I have to say this, because I was shocked to see the "new UI".

Considering SD has been the leader in this market for over a decade, so much so you bankrupted Ceton, the fact that the app has been so abysmal for so long is depressing.

What's even more depressing is you created a DVR, and rather than polish the feature set for that you're polishing a UI that should have been trashed a long time ago.

Really, your guide sucks. Load up Windows 7 MC, and start with that. Think about setting up a full screen guide that has DVR indicators on the programs, and then add the ability to manage recordings without leaving the guide. Maybe add a storage statistic in a "DVR stats" view. Maybe the ability to set a quota for DVR at the app level would be great too.

....but no matter what, polishing a fugly green interface with abysmal features and essentially breaking my XBox 1s was not a great way to start the day. Especially when I realized there was no value in the "upgrade". I mean really, the upgrade was you bloated a simple interface without providing any meaningful value whatsoever. That's an upgrade???

If you don't want to use W7MC as a reference, then get some folks to cycle through their cable box on a screencap from different parts of the country. No matter where you compare it, your app sucks.

Oh, and a personal request. Please give us a means to modify the colors, or skin the interface. Fugly green only magnifies how bad the code is. I feel like I'm looking at an old AS/400 screen, or worse, an XT from the 80's.

Keep in mind, this was written with love for the company. If I didn't like your products I'd stay quiet and wait for a competitor to produce an interface that isn't the equivalent of rubber vomit from a novelty store, and switch to them <3