Not sure about the new UI.

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: Not sure about the new UI.

Post by nateb » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:36 am

RayDas wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:22 am
This morning I was trying to do some clean-up in my recordings, and in a lot of cases I am getting - TypeError: unable to get properly 'childnodes' of undefined or null reference. What the heck is going on, has my WD Mycloud NAS, that holds the recordings been compromised? I have a lot of recordings, maybe 20TB, if so this would be a very big problem.

It seems like one thing, in the new UI, gets fixed, and a bunch of other problems start to show up. I hope all this gets fixed before the fall recordings season starts, which is what, a month in half away.
Should be fixed now. We pushed what we thought was a minor fix live that turned out to not be so minor. Make sure you're on 0806.

RayDas

Post by RayDas » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:38 am

I know that there is another thread covering the unable to play drm channel. It is also occurring with me, but my circumstances might be a little more complicated. I have seven tuners, one prime and two connect, plus I do a lot of recordings. So, I am not absolutely sure when the 'unable to play...' shows up if it is because I am out of tuners or whether indeed their is a problem with the new UI.

The most occurrence happens when I am switching from a viewing of a recorded program to a live session, although I have seen it occur when in a live session and switching to another drm channel. In my case this would probably be very difficult situation to capture. Maybe SD should consider adding something like some radio buttons somewhere on the UI screen that would show your tuners and using maybe a red and green color to show which tuners are available and which ones are being used. This would probably lessen the PO mode.

The other thread that is available is the one concerning OTA signal quality. Yes, I have some recordings of an OTA channel which is almost completely distorted, due to signal strength. Maybe a signal strength meter on the UI screen would be a positive addition. As for the distorted recordings, maybe some low level AI that decides that the requested recording signal is to weak or distorted and schedules another recoding time and/or another channel selection.

I have also noticed when I try to select a recording, not all of the available channels are shown. Specifically, in my area, 48334, the PBS channel is 211,56.1 or 11. When I try to do a selection it shows 56.1 and 11 as the choices, but where is 211. Also consider returning to showing the air date, again, sometimes I would like to know when the original air date was.

RayDas

Post by RayDas » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:26 am

This morning, when I startup the UI, it is streaming a channel, but as soon as I press a key on the keyboard or press the mouse to bring up the channels selection, I get: TypeError: unable to get property 'ID' of undefined or null reference. And of the background of the UI window is black. So, this morning the UI is non functional. Are we starting go backwards with this new UI?

RayDas

Post by RayDas » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:12 am

Still getting the "TypeError: unable to get property 'ID' of undefined or null reference". So the UI is still non functional.

In fact, now that I think about it, last night the UI was acting up. I had just finished viewing a recording and switched to Live, it just came up with a black screen, and that is where it stayed. Also, yesterday, one of my drm channels was coming in pixilated, not sure if that was signal strength of the cable channel or what. This is starting to occur more often now.

Shibster
Device ID: 12303AE3

Post by Shibster » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:47 pm

RayDas wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:26 am
This morning, when I startup the UI, it is streaming a channel, but as soon as I press a key on the keyboard or press the mouse to bring up the channels selection, I get: TypeError: unable to get property 'ID' of undefined or null reference. And of the background of the UI window is black. So, this morning the UI is non functional. Are we starting go backwards with this new UI?
Yep me too.... Something broke last night.... as soon as you click on the app it crashes to a black screen and these words

TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'p.querySelector(".first-card").id)

And a whole heap of in t in dev in t over and over again down the screen

RayDas

Post by RayDas » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:28 am

The problem is now occurring for the third day, this is starting to get serious. I have the early access turned off, and the problem still persists. What this means is, no live TV and no way to schedule recordings, although I can get to the part to view my existing recordings. I am trying to figure out what my tolerance level for this should be.

BillSili
Device ID: 13273C65

Post by BillSili » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:12 am

I'm in the same boat, The new app is pure garbage since it's release. Very disappointing.

nateb
Silicondust

Post by nateb » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:35 am

RayDas wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:28 am
The problem is now occurring for the third day, this is starting to get serious. I have the early access turned off, and the problem still persists. What this means is, no live TV and no way to schedule recordings, although I can get to the part to view my existing recordings. I am trying to figure out what my tolerance level for this should be.
If you have early access turned off and it's still happening, you have a different problem. This bug is specifically caused by something we did to version 0814. If you are on 0806 and still having this problem, you need to contact support or start a separate thread.

RayDas

Post by RayDas » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 am

Something weird is going on. The UI that was acting up with the error was - App version 20190611(1.1.275.0). I uninstalled it, went to MS store and downloaded a new one, and installed it. The version of this is - App version 20190611(1.1.275.0). Is it the same app? Anyway, the problem has gone away. Something messed up the UI to the point where you have to download a new one and reinstall.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:12 pm

App version is different than ui version. For this issue you need to look at the version in the settings gear. However it never hurts to make sure you are also on latest app version. For most this may mean unintstall/reinstall from new download/store but if on android do not uninstall or clear data if using that machine as dvr (rather than another machine/nas as dvr) as it will remove your recordings.

RayDas

Post by RayDas » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:45 am

Yesterday, I still experienced the 'unable to view channel' message. I was watching a live non drm channel and switched to a drm channel, and got the 'unable' message. Before I used to be able to change to another drm channel, which would display, and then switch back. This time all the drm channels were showing the message. I had to close the UI, and then restart it, then drm channels were working. I checked the leds on my prime box and none of the tuner leds were on.

jessie10133

Post by jessie10133 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:37 pm

RayDas wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:45 am
Yesterday, I still experienced the 'unable to view channel' message. I was watching a live non drm channel and switched to a drm channel, and got the 'unable' message. Before I used to be able to change to another drm channel, which would display, and then switch back. This time all the drm channels were showing the message. I had to close the UI, and then restart it, then drm channels were working. I checked the leds on my prime box and none of the tuner leds were on.
Thank God I'm not the only one I'm on the same boat as you silicondust needs to put this as they "top priority" you basically can't watch TV other issues and little glitches here and there are not important watching TV is the most important thing then any other issues when it comes down to this type of service watching TV is what we want to do and cutting the cord but I already reported the issue and hopefully they are on top of it because I got other issues with this new UI but this one is the most annoyingest issue in the new UI i would pay $$$ for the old UI in a heartbeat

nateb
Silicondust

Post by nateb » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:52 pm

jessie10133 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:37 pm
RayDas wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:45 am
Thank God I'm not the only one I'm on the same boat as you silicondust needs to put this as they "top priority" you basically can't watch TV other issues and little glitches here and there are not important watching TV is the most important thing then any other issues when it comes down to this type of service watching TV is what we want to do and cutting the cord but I already reported the issue and hopefully they are on top of it because I got other issues with this new UI but this one is the most annoyingest issue in the new UI i would pay $$$ for the old UI in a heartbeat
So you know, we think we've identified the problem. Will try to get on it as quickly as we can.