New UI - few point

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
The_Jonathan
Device ID: 10715F9E

New UI - few point

Post by The_Jonathan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi,

Few points with the new UI. I am with the nvidia shield :

The good :
- Images are quicklyloaded in recording tab. Very nice that image dont load as selection moves to the right
- Movies are now out of tv section ! Nice :)
- Discover tab that moves to the right to move time. Its ok. Its good to find specific time.

Other points :
- While watching a show, the black bar at the bottom is very thick. The name of the show is high up and not leveled with the other stuff down there.

- Lots of font size seems very big. The list of shows in series of recording are big. I would like more shows being seens at once. Samethings in task tab. I would put more task in 1 screen. For all these points, everythin should be just a bit smaller, not alot.

- Moving in the tv shows and movies in discover tab seems a big sluggish. Specially when holding down the arrow direction to go down fast.

- Moving things in task tabbed crashed the app.

- The movie section of the discover tab: the last bottom row has names cut-off.

Dont stop the good work

Jo

tdtran_2000

Re: New UI - few point

Post by tdtran_2000 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:30 am

Another feature that I like in the older UI FF/FR could be advanced/reversed with Enter key. Now FF/FR function doesn't respond to Enter key anymore. Please put it back, if not much trouble.

Thanks,
T

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Post by nateb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:44 am

tdtran_2000 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:30 am
Another feature that I like in the older UI FF/FR could be advanced/reversed with Enter key. Now FF/FR function doesn't respond to Enter key anymore. Please put it back, if not much trouble.

Thanks,
T
Just to be clear, are you asking about the Shield? If so, the most recent update does all you to hit those buttons with the center OK button.

tdtran_2000

Post by tdtran_2000 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:14 am

No nateb, not about Shield. I'm running on Windows 10 and using PC keyboard. In the old UI, when I selected FF/FR, and press Enter key, the video will advance/reverse as long as I click or hold the Enter key. The new UI doesn't respond to Enter key anymore.

Thanks,

T

nkrick

Post by nkrick » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:31 pm

The_Jonathan wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:45 pm
- Lots of font size seems very big. The list of shows in series of recording are big. I would like more shows being seens at once. Samethings in task tab. I would put more task in 1 screen. For all these points, everythin should be just a bit smaller, not alot.
I agree 100%. The font size is way too large on Android TV. The interface looks much better on an Android Phone than on a large screen.