New UI is up for everyone

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
Prime

Re: New UI is up for everyone

Post by Prime » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:52 am

This is a buggy and horrible update. How can we get the old one back until SD gets its shite together on this?

BTW: I can see little change from the old one. Hardly worth making your customers mad over such minor adjustments. Some of which, fix one problem (like bad results when trying to see one hour program in advance) for another (now you can see in advance but only if you are on the channel, no looking at other program time lines like you used to be able to do).

GlowingBlueMist

Post by GlowingBlueMist » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:31 am

I am having a problem with the changes in the "Recording End" time being too restrictive.

My system is used to record many automobile races and sports games, like baseball and football when in season.
In the past I could manually set the Recording End time to the 3 hours needed due to the above recordings having a common problem with race or game delays.
It is not uncommon for extended delays due to weather, crashes, a 12 inning baseball game, or an accumulation of what many call instant replay.

Please extend the list of "Recording End" times to include up to 3 or 4 hours to cover delays or modify the interface to once again allow us to manually enter in a value of our choice like we could before the interface change.
True, those who do not record sporting events of one kind or another may never need to use the extended range but those of us who do will appreciate it.
I really hate to sit through an event only to find out the last hour or so was not recorded due to not allowing enough "extra" time for it to finish.
With the present 1 hour Recording End maximum I might as well give up trying to record live sporting events since many of the recordings will be useless due to the event not ending on time...

My system is displaying Version 2190718c (beta) at the present time.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Post by nateb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:02 pm

GlowingBlueMist wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:31 am
I am having a problem with the changes in the "Recording End" time being too restrictive.

My system is used to record many automobile races and sports games, like baseball and football when in season.
In the past I could manually set the Recording End time to the 3 hours needed due to the above recordings having a common problem with race or game delays.
It is not uncommon for extended delays due to weather, crashes, a 12 inning baseball game, or an accumulation of what many call instant replay.

Please extend the list of "Recording End" times to include up to 3 or 4 hours to cover delays or modify the interface to once again allow us to manually enter in a value of our choice like we could before the interface change.
True, those who do not record sporting events of one kind or another may never need to use the extended range but those of us who do will appreciate it.
I really hate to sit through an event only to find out the last hour or so was not recorded due to not allowing enough "extra" time for it to finish.
With the present 1 hour Recording End maximum I might as well give up trying to record live sporting events since many of the recordings will be useless due to the event not ending on time...

My system is displaying Version 2190718c (beta) at the present time.
Noted. Could have sworn we upped it to 3 hrs at one point, but evidently not. Should get fixed soon.

averyfreeman
Device ID: 1326E235 1313788A

Post by averyfreeman » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:49 pm

nateb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Noted. Could have sworn we upped it to 3 hrs at one point, but evidently not. Should get fixed soon.
Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work on this program, I imagine it isn't easy and there are a ton of factors to consider, especially while supporting so many platforms.

Well, that, and 0718b W10 ver pause button still doesn't work (except on first viewing of a recording) ;)

Not sure if my remote is MCE compliant, but it is common. Here it is again: https://amzn.to/2XSu9Dd

Have a nice day :D

Edit: now my scan buttons don't work either. Jeez. There used to be two buttons that would go forward / back 10m. Not doing anything now.

Frustrated.

nateb
Silicondust

Post by nateb » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:57 am

averyfreeman wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Well, that, and 0718b W10 ver pause button still doesn't work (except on first viewing of a recording) ;)

Actually, wait. 0718b? Are you sure you aren't on 0718c?

edit: Nevermind, did some more testing. See what you are seeing. Will continue working on this on Monday.

jessie10133

Post by jessie10133 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:35 pm

hey im having some issues with the new hdhr UI but i would like to know if one of the bugs are fixed the bug is when changing the channel while watching a channel for an hour or so i get a black screen on the changed channel the work around is to exit hdhr app which is a hassle im on a shield tv hdhr prime cable card.

GlowingBlueMist

Post by GlowingBlueMist » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:57 pm

nateb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Much appreciated. :)

averyfreeman

Post by averyfreeman » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:24 am

nateb wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:57 am
averyfreeman wrote:

edit: Nevermind, did some more testing. See what you are seeing. Will continue working on this on Monday.
I appreciate the responsiveness, thank you :)

I'll check it out Monday evening after I see the version change and report back

averyfreeman

Post by averyfreeman » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:50 pm

nateb wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:57 am
averyfreeman wrote:

Edit: now my scan buttons don't work either . . . There used to be two buttons that would go forward / back 10m. Not doing anything now.

Hi - so I am using HDHR DVR tonight (Sun 7-21) and the scan forward/backward 10 min still doesn't work

But the pause seems to be working fine now, whether it's the first time I open the recording or subsequent times opening it.

I am on 0718c now, not sure if I was before - I thought it was 0718b but I could be wrong. There's the time lag w/ my cache which may have played a role.

Thank you

nateb
Silicondust

Post by nateb » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:09 am

averyfreeman wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:50 pm

Hi - so I am using HDHR DVR tonight (Sun 7-21) and the scan forward/backward 10 min still doesn't work

But the pause seems to be working fine now, whether it's the first time I open the recording or subsequent times opening it.

I am on 0718c now, not sure if I was before - I thought it was 0718b but I could be wrong. There's the time lag w/ my cache which may have played a role.

Thank you
Please put this in a separate thread (either make a new one or try to find one that matches). That way it's a bit more clear whether you're talking about using a remote or a keyboard and all that good stuff. The catch-all thread is pretty bad for bug reporting.

Cuvis

Post by Cuvis » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:21 am

Having a couple of issues with the recording interface on Android TV (Shield). First thing is that, in the episode list, channel names are no longer shown; only channel numbers are, which drives me nuts since I never really paid attention to channel numbers. Second thing is that, I can't seem to select the start before and end after dropdowns using the remote; in order to set a buffer on either of these, I've had to switch to an air mouse. Is anyone else seeing the same behavior?

nateb
Silicondust

Post by nateb » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:02 am

Cuvis wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:21 am
Having a couple of issues with the recording interface on Android TV (Shield). First thing is that, in the episode list, channel names are no longer shown; only channel numbers are, which drives me nuts since I never really paid attention to channel numbers. Second thing is that, I can't seem to select the start before and end after dropdowns using the remote; in order to set a buffer on either of these, I've had to switch to an air mouse. Is anyone else seeing the same behavior?
Channel names have always been pretty glitchy. We're looking into a solution that should work for everyone where we do channel logos, which should accomplish the same task.

I'm not seeing the problem of being unable to navigate to buffer. If you navigate up from the channel list, it should go to "title" then to "Season" and then you should be able to navigate right to "30s Before." At least when you open a recording page from tasks.

Could you give me a walk through of how you get to the page? That can sometimes change how the page is presented.

Winterlight

Post by Winterlight » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:28 pm

The new app is VERY sluggish, particularly so on wireless devices. And it is very difficult to change channels because scrolling doesn't work well on my devices, and keyboard inputs often are missing numbers, for example 1340 typed becomes 340 and I have to keep repeating the input to get there. And if I have to scroll across say channel 17 to 1338 it is a annoying lengthy process.

I don't understand why there isn't a previous channel button or a Favorites List for faster moving about the channels. It can't be that difficult .. Media Center had this back in the 90s! Actually, I don't understand what is new in the new app except it doesn't have smooth scrolling or brisk response to user input.

And if you move from one TV to another what is the sequence of events that has to happen to preserve your place because I can never make this happen.

With the new firmware I read SD announcement that you can now use multiple devices to record. Does that mean you can use you two Windows 10 computers as recording devices instead of just one and if so how do you set that up?
w

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:23 pm

Winterlight wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:28 pm
With the new firmware I read SD announcement that you can now use multiple devices to record. Does that mean you can use you two Windows 10 computers as recording devices instead of just one and if so how do you set that up?
Usually nothing to set up but enable the other engine (make sure the current one is on latest as well). Only one will record (usually the one with the most space). Optionally one may set up max streams (registry entry on windows, or line in .conf file on other platforms)

averyfreeman

Post by averyfreeman » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:31 pm

nateb wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:09 am
averyfreeman wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:50 pm

Thank you
Please put this in a separate thread (either make a new one or try to find one that matches). That way it's a bit more clear whether you're talking about using a remote or a keyboard and all that good stuff. The catch-all thread is pretty bad for bug reporting.
I agree, but I saw at least two other people complaining about MCE controller issues in this thread, so I thought this was the defacto place to do it

Still would like to see real bug tracking software implemented ala bugzilla, redmine, etc. but I am guessing that's a fantasy considering all you have going on

Starting new thread