Logic to Discovery Ordering

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
jtbell@aol.com

Logic to Discovery Ordering

Post by jtbell@aol.com » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:36 pm

Discovery needs some sensible logic to it for sorting and finding shows. For example under movies, if I filter by TCM (using search) I should be able to show the movies ordered chronologically by the time the movie will be shown or alphabetically by the title of the movie. This should be true even if I am viewing all of the movies, or sports or shows. Better yet allow sorting on whatever attributes are available in the guide. I am not looking for a grid, just some control over how I discover things, which is different than how SD may order them.

And by the way often it matters which network is showing a movie. Most movies on TCM for example are shown at a higher quality than the same movie on a different channel for example, also TCM has no commercials . Some channels chop movies up to put more commercials into the movie, other compress the time or stretch the time with many many commercials. We need to easily access more information about the show and the broadcast to make the best choices about what to record.

This is my biggest frustration using the software.