Hitting the Record Button in Live TV mode...

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
Thunderthud
Device ID: 1322B8A6, 13257C3D, 1041CFDB, 10514020

Hitting the Record Button in Live TV mode...

Post by Thunderthud » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:02 pm

Hitting the Record Button in Live TV mode doesn't bring up the listing of showing of that program and just starts recording without any indication that it's doing anything. Doesn't give you a chance to select another showing of that episode, to record the whole program as it used to. Also, it doesn't let you select an extended end time for the current show.

averyfreeman
Device ID: 1326E235 1313788A

Re: Hitting the Record Button in Live TV mode...

Post by averyfreeman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:14 am

Oh! This is exciting, is SD addressing the issue/feature request I brought up back in Feb?

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=70827

Woohoo! I'm going to try it.

Update: OK, when I hit record in live view:

1) The tuner shows that' it's still locked to the channel I'm trying to record if I leave live view: Tuner 1 Channel 661 MNBCHD

2) If I change the channel in live view the tuner stays stuck to MSNBC, which is what I would hope (indicating that it's still recording)

3) The red dot is still illuminated on the new channel in live view, one that I am NOT recording - would like to see the ability to manually start recordings on more than one channel (e.g. dot only illuminated on channels that are recording, so new recording streams can be started using the same procedure as before). Looks like that's not possible ATM? --- Nevermind, I just tried it and now a 2nd tuner looks like it's recording, too, tuner still tuned even when leaving live view. I think I confused the red dot as being the indicator that it's recording with the circle around the dot, which appears to get lighter when recording started.

4) I'm having trouble finding the currently recording live stream on my server - I thought it might just be recording in the 'Live TV' buffer folder, but when I leave the live view the buffer disappears after a few seconds, which is what I would expect, but where's the live recording then?

5) Recording started manually not listed in the 'recordings' menu - does it have to be stopped before it will appear? hmm... let me see...

6) OK now how do I stop the recordings after they've been started??!! hehe

7) No seriously, I hit the button again and now the 2nd recording I started shows up in the Recordings menu, but when I look at the server the file is still growing ...

8) When I hit record button in first stream I started recording manually, it does NOT show up in the Recordings menu. Note: This was a channel that was previously scheduled to record but had not recording due to a guide issue: viewtopic.php?f=127&t=71821

9) Since I can't figure out how to stop the 2nd live recording, and the first one doesn't appear anywhere I can access it, I'm going to attempt to restart my record service on the server and hope that stops the two recordings from filling up my drive array.

BTW I'm on FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE

Update 2:

Even after restarting the record service my tuners are still locked, but so far I cannot find evidence that the two manually started record streams are still recording on the server. I'll keep updating this when I find out more information (or post replies - please tell me which is easier for you).