Issues with HP Media Center remote

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
kramer34599

Issues with HP Media Center remote

Post by kramer34599 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:54 am

I tried the new UI beta with my HP Media Center remote and ran into some issues.

Here they are:

The play, pause and stop buttons don't work while watching live TV or recordings. The skip forward and back buttons work, but don't bring up the recording status bar/UI. Honestly, I rarely use those, so I don't know if that's how it is in the current UI. The left and right arrows around the OK button work to skip forward and back like they do in the current UI.

Pressing OK on the remote is the only way to play and pause, which just brings up the bar at the bottom of the screen and highlights the play/pause button there.

Pressing the number buttons to search for a channel does bring up the channel, but the cursor remains in the search field and pressing OK on the remote to tune the channel doesn't work like it does in the current UI. This happens with the keyboard also. Typing the channel in and hitting enter does nothing.

I'll keep messing with it and see if I have anything else to add.

Not related to the remote, I have also noticed with a long list of recordings the list will not scroll down far enough to read the final recording. Half the text is cut off at the bottom.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: Issues with HP Media Center remote

Post by nateb » Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 am

thanks for the post. We are aware that MCE and Xbox remotes don't currently work. They are on the list to get fixed.