Remote codes needed

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
Bobstr
Device ID: 131CCFEA, 1314A87C

Remote codes needed

Postby Bobstr » Tue May 14, 2019 8:42 am

Until the beta, I've successfully used windows media center remote codes with my Harmony remote.
(edit: System: windows 10 PC)

Now, many functions have been remapped or no longer work with media center remote codes.

Is there documented mappings to help me get the findings working via remote?

I have found ff and rew, the 10 min ff and rew still work.

Pause and exit no longer work and I can't figure out the mapping.

Pause brings up that box in the top left of the screen with the vol, rew, ff, pause, and the HD logo, when it used to actually pause. No idea if play works as I can't pause.

Exit returns me to the recorded shows screen instead of clearing the slice guide or the controls box (described in the previous paragraph), from the screen.

I don't know if there are other mapping changes, but help in getting these differences figured out would be great, and would allow me to use the beta. I've searched the forum and can't find details that fill in the gaps here.

Not being able to use important remote functions is a show stopper.

GetMatt
Device ID: 1310683C, 13196816, 10733FC0

Re: Remote codes needed

Postby GetMatt » Tue May 14, 2019 3:51 pm

I suspect this is related to the same issue with Xbox Media remotes. I don’t think they’ve remapped the media keys yet. So a lot of those buttons don’t work.

Bobstr

Postby Bobstr » Tue May 14, 2019 7:55 pm

I suspect this is related to the same issue with Xbox Media remotes. I don’t think they’ve remapped the media keys yet. So a lot of those buttons don’t work.
You may be right.

I hope they get this figured out quick. Not having the basic remote functions working makes it unusable for many users.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Postby nateb » Thu May 16, 2019 9:39 am

You may be right.

I hope they get this figured out quick. Not having the basic remote functions working makes it unusable for many users.
You should definitely not be using the beta if you are depending on it for everyday function. Right now things will get broken and other things (remote buttons for example) may take a while to get fixed because they only affect a subset of people and aren't high priority enough yet.

With that said, we have been shifting into platform specific problems, so they be coming up at some point in the near future.

Bobstr

Postby Bobstr » Thu May 16, 2019 11:01 am

You may be right.

You should definitely not be using the beta if you are depending on it for everyday function. Right now things will get broken and other things (remote buttons for example) may take a while to get fixed because they only affect a subset of people and aren't high priority enough yet.

With that said, we have been shifting into platform specific problems, so they be coming up at some point in the near future.
Thanks for the response Nate.

I do go back and forth between the beta and prod versions, checking on the changes made to the beta. However, I'd like to move to the beta as many of the feature changes are great improvements from the prod version.

That being said, I'm not sure how the inability to use the basic functions of a remote is a low priority issue - and it seems to be affecting multiple platforms from what I've been reading.

Is there a functioning remote function for the pause and play functions on the Win10 & Xbox platforms? With the Harmony remote, I can program any keyboard key press, so if there's anything that actually works, I can program that. If the only functioning method to use pause and play is mouse clicks on the correct button on the screen, then a remote function is clearly out of the question.

Thanks

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Postby nateb » Thu May 16, 2019 1:05 pm

That being said, I'm not sure how the inability to use the basic functions of a remote is a low priority issue - and it seems to be affecting multiple platforms from what I've been reading.
This is not correct. This issue only affects Windows10 and Xbox, which are considered part of the same "Universal" platform. For whatever reason, remote controls work on the various Android platforms, but not in Universal.

To some degree, we haven't prioritized because all of Win10 and Xbox are controllable from the UI. While the fast forward button on the remote doesn't work, it's possible to fast forward using the arrow keys and ok button and back button. (This is actually how I personally use the software.)

Anyway, like I said, we've now moved to platform specific bugs, so this should be getting some attention pretty soon. We may have a fix in by tomorrow evening or Monday.

Bobstr

Postby Bobstr » Thu May 16, 2019 9:07 pm

This is not correct. This issue only affects Windows10 and Xbox, which are considered part of the same "Universal" platform. For whatever reason, remote controls work on the various Android platforms, but not in Universal.

To some degree, we haven't prioritized because all of Win10 and Xbox are controllable from the UI. While the fast forward button on the remote doesn't work, it's possible to fast forward using the arrow keys and ok button and back button. (This is actually how I personally use the software.)

Anyway, like I said, we've now moved to platform specific bugs, so this should be getting some attention pretty soon. We may have a fix in by tomorrow evening or Monday.
I must have misunderstood posts regarding the remote issue. Glad to hear it's working on other platforms. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I don't use a keyboard or mouse at all with the pc I have in the living room, which is my family's primary TV viewing location. In my home office, I do.

I've reprogrammed my harmony remote to use the arrow keys, so ff and rew aren't an issue any longer, but pause is still an open item using the remote (and I am assuming play from being paused may be an issue. Haven't tested that)

Return to “New UI”