New UI and mouse scroll wheel

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
jasonl
Silicondust

Re: New UI and mouse scroll wheel

Post by jasonl » Sun May 12, 2019 2:47 pm

I'll defer that question to Nate since he's the primary for the new UI.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Post by nateb » Mon May 13, 2019 9:02 am

Since we're trying to make sure the new UI has the same feature parity as the old, this should probably be considered a regression. Will add to the list.

Jpsd1

Post by Jpsd1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by nateb » Mon May 13, 2019 9:02 am
Since we're trying to make sure the new UI has the same feature parity as the old, this should probably be considered a regression. Will add to the list.
This post from Nate was in response to my original post related to the mouse scroll wheel providing +10 and -10 movement in recorded content when the control bar wasn't showing in the old UI. Is this something that can still be incorporated into the new UI since the mouse wheel is not being used for anything else under those circumstances. This feature is available utilizing the up and down arrow keys on a keyboard. I really don't want to utilize a keyboard if the scroll wheel on a mouse can do the trick.

Jpsd1

Post by Jpsd1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:05 pm

@Nate

Been waiting 11 days. Would sure appreciate an answer to this question even if the answer is no, it cannot be included in the new UI.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:43 pm

Hi,

Moving the scroll wheel was not intended to skip forward/back 10 minutes in recordings.

It might make sense to attach some form of ff/rw to the scroll wheel but that is something we need to discuss internally. It won't be in the first release.

Nick

Jpsd1

Post by Jpsd1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:08 pm

Thanks Nick for the fast response. Please keep this feature in mind for the mouse in the new UI. Even if it was a mistake that included it in the old UI it worked perfectly when I would forget to pause before leaving a recording and it would start over at the beginning when I opened it up again. That can still happen in the new UI and it is a lot easier to go +10 minutes per click to catch up to where you were than +30 seconds per click. For me it made up for the lack of a status bar that that could be clicked on and moved to the exact place you wanted to be in a recording. Not a huge deal but if possible it would be nice to retain this feature for those of us that use a mouse to navigate the UI.