Windows MCE Remote Issues

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
Bobstr
Device ID: 131CCFEA, 1314A87C

Re: Windows MCE Remote Issues

Post by Bobstr » Fri May 31, 2019 9:07 am

GetMatt wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 7:07 pm
Update on this. Play/Pause and Skip buttons on my Xbox remote seem to be working now did something change today?
They must have found the cause of the issue. I tested it again, it's working on windows 10 as well. FF, rw, pause, play all work from an mce remote.

When pause is pressed, the requested function occurs, the control bar appears at the bottom of the screen, the 'trick play' box shows up near the top left of the screen and the TV slice appears. After a few seconds only the trick play box disappears (not sure why the slice had to appear and stay on the screen while paused - it takes up a lot of the paused screen's real estate). If I press exit, it removes both and stays paused.

There is different behavior when using MCE ff, rew vs the HD ff, rew (left, right arrow) commands. HD only brings up the control bar, mce remote brings up both the control bar and the trick play box. Not sure of that's intended behavior or not. In both cases, as would be expected, the controls dissapear after a few seconds.

Unfortunately I also discovered that mce channel change function is not work this morning, and neither does changing channels by opening discover, selecting a show and clicking on watch. No channel change occurs. Using the slice to change channels still works though.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Post by nateb » Fri May 31, 2019 11:13 am

Yep, we're starting to get this going. Haven't officially announced anything, because some of the buttons are still need work.

Bobstr
Device ID: 131CCFEA, 1314A87C

Post by Bobstr » Fri May 31, 2019 11:58 am

nateb wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:13 am
Yep, we're starting to get this going. Haven't officially announced anything, because some of the buttons are still need work.
Cool. Thanks!