UI Beta Release - Click for Instructions (and warnings)

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
jbahlman@gmail.com

Re: UI Beta Release - Click for Instructions (and warnings)

Postby jbahlman@gmail.com » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:48 pm

I upgraded the firmware on my primes today so i could view a drm channel. But one thing i noticed afterwards, when i click the back button during a show while i am on the pause button and it exits the app instead of going back, it has started saying there are no devices found on the network. That has happened multiple times (not everytime that i exit out accidently). It doesn't go through the normal place where it tries to detect, it just brings the window up right away. I have tried the retry option and the exit option, but i have had to reboot the shield 2 times so far.

rjt246

Postby rjt246 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:57 pm

I don't see the play button on Galaxy S8 running Android Pie.

rjt246

Postby rjt246 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:04 pm

Dpad buttons not working for navigating UI on Android Sony TV.

Jford951

Postby Jford951 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Any iOS tv to beta test yet

themusj

Postby themusj » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:10 pm

We are currently working on your issue, but don't have a pushed solution yet (and probably won't during the Easter holiday).
Well if that is the case, I can wait a bit. Glad you can enjoy the Easter holiday.
[/quote]

Just FYI. Updated my PC's Windows 10 build from 1703 to 1809. No improvement. Same error.

[moderator] "Using platform api
Error while trying to discover devices: SyntaxError: JSON.parse Error: Invalid character at position: 1"

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Postby nateb » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:16 am

I used to be able to delete a ton of shows quickly using the remote. After delete can you highlight the next episode. Then I can arrow over and hit delete in rapid succession. (right arrow, enter, right arrow, enter) and I can get rid of recordings pretty quick.
Fixed this

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:17 am

New UI & Android Shield using Shield Remote

Lots of clicks...

While in Discover I select a program, 1 click
In the next screen to get to Watch Now, 3 clicks
(from channel list 1 click up to Title then 1 click up to Record Series, then 1 click left to Watch Now)

4 clicks overall to select a program and watch it now in Discovery
Watch Now is now automatically highlighted if it's an available option.

otaku

Postby otaku » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:36 pm

NICE!

Nate I have a question that's been bouncing around in my head for awhile.

I know your code guys are up to their butts in alligators but I would like to add an item for future consideration.

Currently users have been given the ability to select Live TV or Recorded as the starting page, which is actually pretty darn nice. It would also be sweet to add Discover to that list.

Also, as it currently stands the UI assumes Recorded is the priority. So if I'm watching Live TV and I want to skulk around for another Live TV program and I smash the back button I land in Recorded. I was thinking it would be super convenient if the user could select Discover as the priority instead of Recorded.

jbahlman@gmail.com

Postby jbahlman@gmail.com » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:57 am

I can no longer pause live or dvr'd shows using the shield in the beta. Before it took 3 clicks to pause, now when i click once it brings up the bar, it brings up play then switches to pause but does nothing and the bar goes away. When i click to bring the bar back up, it says pause, but the video continues to play. If i go back to the old sw it works just fine with 2 clicks.

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:56 am

I can no longer pause live or dvr'd shows using the shield in the beta. Before it took 3 clicks to pause, now when i click once it brings up the bar, it brings up play then switches to pause but does nothing and the bar goes away. When i click to bring the bar back up, it says pause, but the video continues to play. If i go back to the old sw it works just fine with 2 clicks.
What platform are you on?

edit: whoops, nevermind. Somehow missed where you said shield the first time. Will follow up.

edit2: Can reproduce. Will add it to the list.

nateb
Silicondust

Re: UI Beta Release

Postby nateb » Wed May 01, 2019 7:39 pm

One issue I have ran in with my limited usage on Android TV (Nvidia Shield) was once I delete a show, then hit the back button, it closes out the app, and goes to the main Android TV screen (aka launcher).
This has been fixed.

nateb
Silicondust

Re: UI Beta Release

Postby nateb » Wed May 01, 2019 7:42 pm

When hiding a show I have to click up twice to get to the hide button. Also once a show is hidden and I press back the cursor goes all the way to top instead of staying where I was.
This is fixed now. Hiding a show goes to the next show on the list.

jbahlman@gmail.com

Postby jbahlman@gmail.com » Sun May 05, 2019 10:00 am

I can pause on the Shield now!! Thanks

jbahlman@gmail.com

Postby jbahlman@gmail.com » Mon May 06, 2019 7:58 am

When i click ok to pause, it seems like rewind is in focus for a second or two. If i wait it will move to pause. But rewind shouldn't be in focus, since it has its own button. This is the shield btw.

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Mon May 06, 2019 9:41 am

When i click ok to pause, it seems like rewind is in focus for a second or two. If i wait it will move to pause. But rewind shouldn't be in focus, since it has its own button. This is the shield btw.
When I click OK, I am seeing it take a curious second to get to the pause button, but it's not on the rewind button for me. Still, I'm guessing it's the same bug. We've got a big merge today. Let's see if that fixes it. If not, I'll add to the list.

Return to “New UI”