UI Beta Release - Click for Instructions (and warnings)

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
Jackamus
Device ID: 1316E070, 1323748C, 13253D8E

Re: UI Beta Release - Click for Instructions (and warnings)

Postby Jackamus » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:37 am

Windows 10 and when using the new UI, I still can't select recordings and them show up in the Task List. Also, it would be nice if there was a To-Do-List, to show upcoming recordings, sorted by date and time.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Postby nateb » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:48 am

To-Do-List, to show upcoming recordings, sorted by date and time.
This is very high on the list of new features people are interested in seeing.

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:50 am

If I use the new UI on one of my devices, do I have to set it on all the rest? Right now I've only set it on one out of 4 that I have.
Yes, until we take the new UI out of beta, you have to opt in on each device. We figure that's a lot safer for "family strife" issues. :)

themusj

Postby themusj » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Sooo. Any feedback on the error on Windows 10 I continue to get whenever I switch to the new UI?

"Using platform api
Error while trying to discover devices: SyntaxError: JSON.parse Error: Invalid character at position: 1"

leenypost

Postby leenypost » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:44 pm

May I make a request here while the UI is being worked on still.

Admittedly I haven't tried the new UI yet but I was going to request this on the old UI as it bugs me so much. So if it is already incorporated please disregard request.

In the old UI when using a Windows PC if you have multiple monitors clicking on one of the monitors that isn't where the App is on will force the app to minimize. This was extremely frustrating as I had no way to work and watch TV at the same time in my office environment.

If the new UI could take into account multiple monitors and prevent the app from minimizing that would be a fantastic upgrade on the windows side of things.

otaku

Postby otaku » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:55 am

New UI & Android Shield using Shield Remote

Lots of clicks...

While in Discover I select a program, 1 click
In the next screen to get to Watch Now, 3 clicks
(from channel list 1 click up to Title then 1 click up to Record Series, then 1 click left to Watch Now)

4 clicks overall to select a program and watch it now in Discovery

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:37 am

New UI & Android Shield using Shield Remote

Lots of clicks...

While in Discover I select a program, 1 click
In the next screen to get to Watch Now, 3 clicks
(from channel list 1 click up to Title then 1 click up to Record Series, then 1 click left to Watch Now)

4 clicks overall to select a program and watch it now in Discovery
Good observation, and probably a very fast fix.

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:38 am

May I make a request here while the UI is being worked on still.

Admittedly I haven't tried the new UI yet but I was going to request this on the old UI as it bugs me so much. So if it is already incorporated please disregard request.

In the old UI when using a Windows PC if you have multiple monitors clicking on one of the monitors that isn't where the App is on will force the app to minimize. This was extremely frustrating as I had no way to work and watch TV at the same time in my office environment.

If the new UI could take into account multiple monitors and prevent the app from minimizing that would be a fantastic upgrade on the windows side of things.
This is more likely to be a addressed after we're out of beta, as right now the goal is to make sure nothing that was working is broken. With that said, it's certainly worth looking at. I'm not entirely sure if this is a GUI thing or an app thing though.

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:40 am

Sooo. Any feedback on the error on Windows 10 I continue to get whenever I switch to the new UI?

"Using platform api
Error while trying to discover devices: SyntaxError: JSON.parse Error: Invalid character at position: 1"
Unfortunately, so far no one has been able to reproduce this that I know of. Is there anything unusual about your Win10 setup? Like, is it a particularly lean install or anything?

marks

Postby marks » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:02 am

Any plans for a time shift ability for the UI so we can "slide" through either live TV or a DVR recorded show instead of pressing fast forward or rewind many times?

GetMatt
Device ID: 1310683C, 13196816, 10733FC0

Postby GetMatt » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:47 am

Any plans for a time shift ability for the UI so we can "slide" through either live TV or a DVR recorded show instead of pressing fast forward or rewind many times?
There is a 10min skip and with most systems if you hold 30s skip down it will ff showing a frame for every 30s or so. It works for us on Xbox, Windows and Android. I've noticed a problem with the Xbox where it stops working if the remote batteries are low.

On a touchscreen device this does not work.

marks

Postby marks » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:11 am

Thanks. I never knew about the press and hold to fast forward. Seems to work on the NVIDIA Shield for me but Windows 10 laptop I cannot seem to get it to work.

themusj

Postby themusj » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:03 pm

"Using platform api
Unfortunately, so far no one has been able to reproduce this that I know of. Is there anything unusual about your Win10 setup? Like, is it a particularly lean install or anything?
No that I am aware of. I have had this build for years upgrading from Windows 7 onto Windows 10. If I un-install the app, and re-install it, will it mess anything up on my DVR. The new version works on my Android tablet. So this looks unique to my PC.

I just want to make sure if I go under the Control Panel and remove HDHomerun app and re-install it I don't lose my recording setup.

Please advise.

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:16 pm

I just want to make sure if I go under the Control Panel and remove HDHomerun app and re-install it I don't lose my recording setup.

Please advise.
Probably the easiest way to do this is not to uninstall anything. Just grab the most recent windows installer from https://www.silicondust.com/support/downloads/ (the one that doesn't open in Windows Store). And install it. That'll write over everything else and preserve your settings.

If you do want to delete, the one that isn't your DVR is the one that says SILICONDUST USA INC underneath the app. That's the viewing app. Uninstalling it won't affect DVR. You can then reinstall it from that downloads page.

We are currently working on your issue, but don't have a pushed solution yet (and probably won't during the Easter holiday).

themusj

Postby themusj » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:50 am

We are currently working on your issue, but don't have a pushed solution yet (and probably won't during the Easter holiday).
[/quote]

Well if that is the case, I can wait a bit. Glad you can enjoy the Easter holiday.

Return to “New UI”