Prime Enclosure Options

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
manicslothpdx

Prime Enclosure Options

Post by manicslothpdx »

I searched for this just now, but I can't seem to find the original post. I remember when the "new" Prime 3 devices were announced, someone commented that it might be a great idea to design a new enclosure for it that matches the current HDHomeRun devices. Based on the circuit board dimensions, it would probably be a "double-wide" version of the current case design. This would allow them to be stacked if you had multiple OTA, DVR and CableCard devices. Did anything ever come of this?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Prime Enclosure Options

Post by NedS »

I might have tossed around an idea for an unofficial 3D printed "modern take" idea (try to make it look closer to the gen5 case) on the PRIME case, and that might be what you were thinking of. It wouldn't be anything officially available from Silicondust, but I still think it could look really nice. As long as the boss is okay with it, I'll see what I can come up with.

trakz

Post by trakz »

I would love, love, love for you guys to do this. Hell, I'll even pay you guys for an updated enclosure!

manicslothpdx

Post by manicslothpdx »

This would be pretty slick. I might even buy a 2nd Prime 3 if I could stack them. I don't really NEED it, but I was already thinking of getting a 2nd one anyway.

scyto

Post by scyto »

Or how about two variants on the case, one for a single prime board and one that would take two prime boards?

manicslothpdx

Post by manicslothpdx »

Did the boss say he was ok with it? :)