Plans to support Finland in future?

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
jesus.a

Plans to support Finland in future?

Post by jesus.a »

I used to use 2 Hdhomerun tuners here in Finland. Now EPG has been useless (missing darta for several channels) for over a month already so DVR use for example is impossible.

Does Silicondust plan on supporting Finland in future, or is it time for us finns to start searching for alternative solutions?

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Plans to support Finland in future?

Post by nickk »

Our guide provider is meant to be providing us with Finland guide data.

Please post the Device ID of your HDHomeRun - I will check what the guide looks like.

Nick

jesus.a

Post by jesus.a »

Device Id 14205566

Liv, Jim, Hero, Nelonen channels all show only "julkaistaan pian" which means "published soon" in EPG data.

jesus.a

Post by jesus.a »

Did you get the chance to have a look?

the_KLF

Post by the_KLF »

There is something wrong with the data indeed.

Both HD Homerun and Plex EPG for finnish channels has been unusable for a long time. I thought it was related somehow to the EPG provider changes that Plex did announce about several months ago, and the new provider isn't quite as good.

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11

Post by kyl416 »

See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=127&t=75103

For whatever reason Nelonen Media/Sanoma stopped providing schedule updates to Gracenote, so it's not just Silicondust/HDHomeRun that's affected, other platforms who use Gracenote's data like Plex and Schedules Direct are affected too. You might have better luck if you contact the affected stations directly via their websites and tell them that Gracenote no longer has listings for their channels.

the_KLF

Post by the_KLF »

I thought it would be something like that.
I did just leave a message to Nelonen at their website. I won't be holding my breath waiting for the answer tho.

jesus.a

Post by jesus.a »

This in really annoying for two reasons. End user cannot do anything to fix this issue. HDHomerun is not doing anything about this. Not even replying to support tickets.

So I have bought 2 HDHomeruns and now they are useless and there's nothing one can do about this.