If I dump cable and my prime best dvr box for my ds218+

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
crashnburn

If I dump cable and my prime best dvr box for my ds218+

Post by crashnburn »

I am getting tired of Comcast prices and channel changes but want to still use my synology box for dvr. If I drop my cable what is the best SD option to replace my prine3 for ota dvr that works with my nas. Do you offer a box that can support live streaming or just ota and cable card boxes? Which box would be the best option. Will the new 4k box offer such feature ? Thanks.

ronintexas
Device ID: 10807D4D

Re: If I dump cable and my prime best dvr box for my ds218+

Post by ronintexas »

The HDHomerun tuners are either cable card or OTA tuners. The DVR software would be what supports multiple streaming recording - and Channels DVR is the only one I am aware of that has any broad form of support for streaming services (it has limitations).

NedS
Silicondust

Re: If I dump cable and my prime best dvr box for my ds218+

Post by NedS »

crashnburn wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:27 pm I am getting tired of Comcast prices and channel changes but want to still use my synology box for dvr. If I drop my cable what is the best SD option to replace my prine3 for ota dvr that works with my nas. Do you offer a box that can support live streaming or just ota and cable card boxes? Which box would be the best option. Will the new 4k box offer such feature ? Thanks.
Any HDHomeRun device listed here will work with the DVR: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/dvr#hdh ... work_tuner