Tasks/Scheduled cleanup

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
cqcq42

Tasks/Scheduled cleanup

Post by cqcq42 »

I miss one of MCE's features which was a view of Scheduled programs. Of course Tasks accomplishes most of this although limited to a selected program, but this view seems to have problems.
A red dot means a program will be recorded and I am guessing that a gray dot means will be recorded on another channel/time?
The problem is with check and nothing. I am guessing check means it has already been recorded and I have no idea what 'no check' means.
The one difference I see is:
Selecting 'no check' twice will trigger record
Selecting check twice does nothing
MCE used to have a forget past option (something like that anyway). So how do I force one of those checked items to re-record? Edit Tasks maybe should be different from Edit Scheduled?
(I also - along with others - would like to see a denser, clearer grid view option for Discover.)

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Tasks/Scheduled cleanup

Post by NedS »

Red dot - will record
Gray dot - second showing of something scheduled to record (will be used if first recording fails)
Green tick - already recorded
Gray tick - recorded and deleted (where the user selected "don't re-record")

cqcq42

Post by cqcq42 »

Guess I should never delete a file outside of the GUI. HDHR is certainly more forgiving than MCE in this respect.
Thanks!

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

To me that's the opposite as it isn't forgiving as when you delete outside of ui it records again (very forgiving in that you may have made a mistake). Delete inside the ui and not re-record to get it to record again you need SD to reset your entire history as currently they can't do so by particular episode or series.

cqcq42

Post by cqcq42 »

You can re-record any episode by searching for it in Discover and selecting it. Oddly, it already has red dot when found in Discover, but you still have to select it.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Often not easily and still keep series alive as many versions of the clients then erase your series rule to make the oneoff rule (i have not checked latest status on this, when done through client but it has happened enough over the years i don't trust it). If it already had the red dot, you didn't delete through client and used the default of not recording it again and you probably just proved my point on why deleting from outside of ui is more forgiving.