Feature Request: Commercial Skipping

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
jburman

Feature Request: Commercial Skipping

Post by jburman »

One thing lacking from HDHomerun DVR software is the ability to skip commercials. Is a planned feature that will be added in the near future and if not is there a timeline when it might be added. This is one of the quirks that is keeping me from using the stock software.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Feature Request: Commercial Skipping

Post by NedS »

No plans at the moment for automatic commercial skipping.

mcewinter
Device ID: 131044D3, 103188F3

Post by mcewinter »

jburman wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:26 pm
One thing lacking from HDHomerun DVR software is the ability to skip commercials. Is a planned feature that will be added in the near future and if not is there a timeline when it might be added. This is one of the quirks that is keeping me from using the stock software.
I'm sure this can be accomplished with the right setup. DVRMSToolbox with Showanalyzer on a windows machine should offer a working solution. There's certainly a bit of learning curve but the solution is out there. If I'm feeling ambitious I may try it out on a test machine; I've been considering it for a while. Alternatively, Plex offers comskip for whatever that's worth.

Beerman

Post by Beerman »

I've been using the paid version of MCEBuddy for about 6 years (NPVR and HDHR) and it works perfectly well for me. I have used DVRMSToolbox with Showanalyzer which worked but MCEBuddy is just easier and I have so many more options. Worth the $30 lifetime use in my world.

mcewinter
Device ID: 131044D3, 103188F3

Post by mcewinter »

Thanks. Maybe I'll check it out sooner then later. DVRMST and SA is definitely a complicated solution.