Update the Prime 6 Status Thread

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
Post Reply
jmcguire525
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Update the Prime 6 Status Thread

Post by jmcguire525 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:49 am

If you are actually on track for a 2019 release of the Prime 6, why not update the status thread? Tomorrow is the beginning of Q4 and the web page states that it is "coming in 2019", if you can't confidently estimate a release date at this time then I highly doubt we will see this before then end of the year.

replayreb
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:14 am

Re: Update the Prime 6 Status Thread

Post by replayreb » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:15 am

They are in the process of moving so I suspect it will be a while yet...

https://twitter.com/HDHomeRun_US/status ... 4445873154
https://shop.silicondust.com/shop/?_ga= ... 1546988650

Silicondust USA, Inc
@HDHomeRun_US
·
Sep 27
FYI, the Silicondust office is moving from California to Arizona. All stock is in transit and all Silicondust shop orders are suspended while in transit. Please visit our Where to Buy page for a list of online and local HDHomeRun retailers near you! https://silicondust.com/support/wheretobuy/

sbm7815
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:22 pm

Re: Update the Prime 6 Status Thread

Post by sbm7815 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:48 pm

Another company abandoning California, what a surprise.

EddieP
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:04 am

Re: Update the Prime 6 Status Thread

Post by EddieP » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:22 pm

replayreb wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:15 am
They are in the process of moving so I suspect it will be a while yet...

https://twitter.com/HDHomeRun_US/status ... 4445873154
https://shop.silicondust.com/shop/?_ga= ... 1546988650

Silicondust USA, Inc
@HDHomeRun_US
·
Sep 27
FYI, the Silicondust office is moving from California to Arizona. All stock is in transit and all Silicondust shop orders are suspended while in transit. Please visit our Where to Buy page for a list of online and local HDHomeRun retailers near you! https://silicondust.com/support/wheretobuy/
I guess this will delay the Prime 6 indefinitely ... Glad I use channels dvr and TVE until Prime 6 becomes available.

sbm7815
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:22 pm

Re: Update the Prime 6 Status Thread

Post by sbm7815 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:48 pm

It has been about 2 years since it was announced and if it hasn't been through the CableLabs certification process yet, [removed by moderator - see forum rules].

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 522
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Update the Prime 6 Status Thread

Post by NedS » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:14 pm

sbm7815 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:48 pm
Another company abandoning California, what a surprise.
Not exactly. The main office and wear house are moving, but some operations are still happening in California (at least for the time being), and a lot of us work remotely. For example, I work out of Arizona, unrelated to the HQ move. Some of the developers even live in another country, if I recall correctly.

It might be more accurate to call this company growth, rather than a move. We may soon have offices in every state and be closer to our goal of w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶m̶i̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ --er-- exciting new business opportunities. We should also ignore the rumors about the moon base we're buildin-- I mean not building...

Beerman
Posts: 1461
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Re: Update the Prime 6 Status Thread

Post by Beerman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:13 pm

NedS wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:14 pm
sbm7815 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:48 pm
Another company abandoning California, what a surprise.
Not exactly. The main office and wear house are moving, but some operations are still happening in California (at least for the time being), and a lot of us work remotely. For example, I work out of Arizona, unrelated to the HQ move. Some of the developers even live in another country, if I recall correctly.

It might be more accurate to call this company growth, rather than a move. We may soon have offices in every state and be closer to our goal of w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶m̶i̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ --er-- exciting new business opportunities. We should also ignore the rumors about the moon base we're buildin-- I mean not building...
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

jmcguire525
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: Update the Prime 6 Status Thread

Post by jmcguire525 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:41 pm

NedS wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:14 pm
We may soon have offices in every state and be closer to our goal of w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶m̶i̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ --er-- exciting new business opportunities. We should also ignore the rumors about the moon base we're buildin-- I mean not building...

What would be exciting is an update on a product you've been teasing for nearly 2 years. I remember it being shown off at CES 2018, and since then it has been delay after delay while the older model has been out of stock for a long time.

sbm7815
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:22 pm

Re: Update the Prime 6 Status Thread

Post by sbm7815 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:36 pm

NedS wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:14 pm
sbm7815 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:48 pm
Another company abandoning California, what a surprise.
Not exactly. The main office and wear house are moving, but some operations are still happening in California (at least for the time being), and a lot of us work remotely. For example, I work out of Arizona, unrelated to the HQ move. Some of the developers even live in another country, if I recall correctly.

It might be more accurate to call this company growth, rather than a move. We may soon have offices in every state and be closer to our goal of w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶m̶i̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ --er-- exciting new business opportunities. We should also ignore the rumors about the moon base we're buildin-- I mean not building...
You guys should "grow" into Las Vegas next. I mean it's riiiight there and there's no income tax. There's a lot of things going on there that can help you speed up development...or maybe slow it down. I'm not an expert in office moves, so you should probably disregard my advice.

zimberto
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: Update the Prime 6 Status Thread

Post by zimberto » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:24 am

I am not a young man and am seriously worried that I will be dead and gone before the Prime 6 arrives. What has increased my anxiety is the discovery that after having moved back to Comcast/Xfinity after a 2 year hiatus they now charge an egregious $10/mo for a cablecard. I currently have 2 of them for my 2 x 3-tuner HRs but will be returning 1 of them in the expectation that the Prime 6 will be "Coming 2019". Please don't let me down. Santa has my wishlist and will be Christmas shopping soon.

Post Reply