PRIME 6 inquiry

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
GlamLeatherPunk

PRIME 6 inquiry

Post by GlamLeatherPunk » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:46 pm

I hope I'm not treading over old ground, but is there any indication as to when the PRIME 6 will be available for purchase? Comcast continues to insist that they will not allow me to increase the number of channels I currently have available to watch/record unless I return my cableCARD and use one of THEIR tuner boxes, on the grounds that cableCARD is an old technology that "needs" to be phased out. (Can you say "corporate greed" and "monopolistic"? I thought you could!) I have been very happy overall with my PRIME setup, but with one thing and another, it's beginning to look like I'll either have to switch to another provider (Google TV is slowly making its way out to my area), or be stuck with my very limited number of channels if I upgrade to the PRIME 6! How much longer will we have to wait until the PRIME 6 comes on the market?

replayreb

Re: PRIME 6 inquiry

Post by replayreb » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:22 pm

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:53 pm

Last I've heard from the main office was that we were still on track for a release of the PRIME 6 before the end of 2019.

TomRiker

Post by TomRiker » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:11 pm

Point them to their own website:
Why is Comcast offering CableCARDs?
Comcast is committed to working with manufacturers of retail devices, including manufacturers of CableCARD devices, in order to provide our customers with more choices to access and enjoy Xfinity TV services. Comcast will continue to support retail CableCARD-compatible devices well into the future.
https://www.xfinity.com/support/article ... cablecards