Light Windows app to Find Devices, or better yet, a dashboard

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
DRMsucks

Light Windows app to Find Devices, or better yet, a dashboard

Post by DRMsucks » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:34 am

It would sure be cool if there were a very simple Windows store app that goes out and finds your HDHR devices on your network.

Sometimes there may be a tv problem and I'd like to see the status of the HDHR boxes without having to login to my router and figure out which address they were assigned.

Even cooler would be a dashboard app that finds them, and produces a dashboard with all their status info. Maybe including their network utilization as well.

Way, way cooler would be the ability to restart the boxes from that dashboard for the few times a year when the tuners lock up.

This keeps my lazy ass from having to go down and up 2 flights of stairs!

rpcameron

Re: Light Windows app to Find Devices, or better yet, a dashboard

Post by rpcameron » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:16 am

The Windows app ships with the command line app that can do most of that.
  1. To find devices on your network:

Code: Select all

hdhomerun_config discover

2. To restart a device (use the proper DeviceID instead of FFFFFFFF):

Code: Select all

hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF set /sys/restart self

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:59 pm

DRMsucks wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:34 am
It would sure be cool if there were a very simple Windows store app that goes out and finds your HDHR devices on your network.

Sometimes there may be a tv problem and I'd like to see the status of the HDHR boxes without having to login to my router and figure out which address they were assigned.

Even cooler would be a dashboard app that finds them, and produces a dashboard with all their status info. Maybe including their network utilization as well.

Way, way cooler would be the ability to restart the boxes from that dashboard for the few times a year when the tuners lock up.

That's the idea behind the http://my.hdhomerun.com web page.

GetMatt
Device ID: 1310683C, 13196816, 10733FC0

Post by GetMatt » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:48 pm

NedS wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:59 pm
DRMsucks wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:34 am

That's the idea behind the http://my.hdhomerun.com web page.
I just added that page the the home screen on my phone. Works pretty well for that.