Memorial day

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
techpro2004

Memorial day

Post by techpro2004 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:51 am

It is memorial day and around here it is celebrated as the beginning of summer or MID YEAR. I know you promised the prime 6 MID YEAR and we all thought it meant last year but maybe this MID YEAR will be the year. I will admit over the last few months, I have tried other solutions (fios one) but have been unable to get them working due to my 3rd party router. Once I save up enough, I will try t*i*v*o* if the prime 6 is not out by then. WTF is gong on with the prime 6 and when will I be able to buy it.

rrussis82

Re: Memorial day

Post by rrussis82 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:11 pm

They won't tell us. They think we like surprises and will not say anything until the day its released.

It would be nice to keep us updated where they are at, and what is left to do before it can be released. Example, we accomplished X, Y, Z. we still need to surpass A, B, C before we can have a release date set.

rrussis82

Post by rrussis82 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:53 am

So the pre-orders for the Scribe and Servio products with a ship date set to June 30 have me hopeful and excited for SDs future. Its a check off of the long list of plans. The New UI beta backend is getting better and better and Record Engine software updated to accommodate the new products. Now it seems the next major checks on the list are the Prime 6, DRM Recording, and continued work on the UI. Sure there are some minor checks we all want, but lets focus on completing the major milestones.

Personally, for OTA customers this is the complete system, new UI and recording modules. But for us Cable subscribers we still need the Prime 6 and DRM recording ability to complete our system. (well technically for those of you who already are satisfied with the number of tuners you have only DRM recordings are required for your complete system unless you have Comcast without any Premium Channels)

So the question I ask here today for SD is.... is there any chance of a hint or update at where we stand on these 2 (prime 6 and DRM recording) beside the generic "they are in development". Can we have a peek at the progress being made on these and what processes are left in that progress.

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:12 am

By the time the Prime 6 comes out, I may have jumped ship and cut cable entirely. I don't want to but it's only a matter of time before I do. My wife is holding me back but the monthly bill is pushing me forward.

GetMatt
Device ID: 1310683C, 13196816, 10733FC0

Post by GetMatt » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:50 pm

Beerman wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:12 am
By the time the Prime 6 comes out, I may have jumped ship and cut cable entirely. I don't want to but it's only a matter of time before I do. My wife is holding me back but the monthly bill is pushing me forward.
Yeah we dropped cable all together at this point. Now just OTA and streaming.

rrussis82

Post by rrussis82 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:56 am

GetMatt wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:50 pm
Beerman wrote:
If I could, I would. I receive 2 Channels OTA, and with Comcast in my area it would only save me about $10-$15 a month to drop cable and go just internet, that savings will not pay for any streaming service. So even though you guys have that option, not everyone does.

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:35 am

GetMatt wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:50 pm
Beerman wrote:
Good on ya! I am working to that direction but Cox has a 1 TB cap on data and even though we aren't very heavy data users, I know with football season coming, there would be some months we'd get hit. I keep hoping they up the limit but they are more serious about charging over 1TB than ever before! And, they know if I cancel cable, they won't have that income so they suggest I go to Giga Speed and have no caps. Well great! It's just another $40 a month more. DUH!