Checklist

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
rrussis82

Checklist

Post by rrussis82 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:00 pm

Now that the new UI has been released (beta) that's one check off my anticipated future releases. My checklist by order of importance (to me)

Prime 6...…………………………. "Soon"
Grid Guide*……………………...
FireTV guide integration*….. Waiting on Amazon
New UI...…………………………. Check
FireTV DRM...…………………… Waiting on Amazon
DVR added functions**...……
Servio/Scribe release...………. "Soon"
DRM Recording***……….…… "Soon"

So far not bad. One check, 2 waiting on Amazon, 3 "soon" with 2 left. Hoping all will be this year.

* Grid Guide would eliminate want for FireTV guide integration due to having record feature in the HDHomerun APP
**Options similar to Plex (specific channel, Any/HD only/SD Only, Saving path location, individual padding times)
***lowest on my priority because Comcast only DRMs Premium so barely affects me (4 Showtime channels) If I had Spectrum that would be at the top.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: Checklist

Post by nateb » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:25 am

rrussis82 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:00 pm
DVR added functions**...……
That discover thread is really opening my eyes to some interesting functions I'd never have considered. Like record (or at least list) all upcoming shows with X actor in them. Once we've whittled down these bugs and are able to do a full release, it's going to be really interesting to sit down with the dev team and talk about what is possible.

rrussis82

Re: Checklist

Post by rrussis82 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Another option is have a toggle in setting to activate advanced DVR. if you like the way it is keep it at your defaults. if not activate advanced dvr setting. or have 2 record buttons, the first is SDs default record, and the second button as advanced record where a pop up comes up with selections like where to record (which folder or "library" or drive), which airing and channel if multiple, HD/SD, set padding, etc. That way you can choose, choice is good.