We have a blog!

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

We have a blog!

Postby nateb » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:45 pm

As some of you with eagle eyes and brilliant google search abilities have already discovered, we have been working over the past while on setting up a blog.

The idea for this came about back in the early days of Premium TV, when we thought it might be pretty interesting to explain some of the technical issues behind distributing a nationwide OTT TV service. Nick wrote up that post in the forum, but ultimately we knew the forum wasn't great for that kind of story. It would be read by the people who populate the forum, hopefully. Or at least those people who visit that section of the forum. But pretty much no one else.

The thing is, a blog is a pretty serious commitment. We don't want to post once every six months, like we do with our press releases. And, more than that, we wanted the blog to feel more personal, more like something that's fun to read. So ever since Nick's original post, we've been juggling ideas, talking about what might fit into a blog, and writing up some posts along the way.

The goal, at present, is to put out maybe a post a week. Sometimes they'll be silly things, like the story about my sister's cat. And sometimes they'll be more serious announcements - software releases, hardware releases, things like that. Maybe the occasional buzzfeed style list of "Nathan's Favorite Sitcoms of the 90s that you forgot!" If you elect to subscribe to the blog, we're giving you the option to subscribe to all or just to the serious stuff. And I promise not to be offended if you don't want to hear stories about my sister's cat.

If you have any feedback or ideas for blog posts that you'd like written up, feel free to let me know. And in the mean time, have a great day!

https://www.silicondust.com/blog/

Return to “Future Product Discussion”