Post by replayreb » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:50 pm

[removed by moderator]

mcewinter
Device ID: 131044D3, 103188F3

Re: When the Prime 6 comes out, how many are you planning on getting

Post by mcewinter » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:29 am

LSExt2016 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:21 pm
At this point the only real reason to have a new Prime 6 tuner is for those that want to DVR shows either via the HDHome Run app or Plex Pass DVR. Things are changing now if all you want to do is stream live tv but not record, many options. [removed by moderator - see forum rules]
Streaming is overrated and often not as convenient as you make it sound. That said, I wish SDs interface wasn't so inspired by streaming apps.

jmcguire525

Post by jmcguire525 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:00 pm

[posts from this account are not displayed]

VistaVick

Post by VistaVick » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:18 am

I would suggest just closing this forum until there is anything new to announce. It's pointless when most posts are removed and it just makes the company look worse.

shspvr

Post by shspvr » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:38 am

VistaVick wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:18 am
I would suggest just closing this forum until there is anything new to announce. It's pointless when most posts are removed and it just makes the company look worse.
It unfortunate that one of user just keep whine about the same thing over and over to point where he or she just got them self just ban, But every week I keep hear about cable companies are dropping there Legacy Cable TV service in favor of doing Partnerships with Online Streaming TV service visit Dslreports web site

LSExt2016

Post by LSExt2016 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:44 am

It's too bad these moderators consider people "whining" about the Prime 6, which was announced as coming over 2 years ago, and remove their comments or worse ban them for describing frustrations at not seeing the product Silicon Dust keeps hyping but are failing for over 2 years to produce. Removing and banning people for commenting on this speaks volumes on how much Silicon Dust seems to value their loyal customers concerns.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:18 am

LSExt2016 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:44 am
It's too bad these moderators consider people "whining" about the Prime 6, which was announced as coming over 2 years ago, and remove their comments or worse ban them for describing frustrations at not seeing the product Silicon Dust keeps hyping but are failing for over 2 years to produce. Removing and banning people for commenting on this speaks volumes on how much Silicon Dust seems to value their loyal customers concerns.
jmcguire525 has been trolling for a while, and started attacking moderators personally, then posted a picture of the Chinese flag with the Silicondust logo edited in. Expressing frustration is fine, but a line of unacceptable behavior was crossed.

comet48

Post by comet48 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:39 am

I have two of the HomeRun Prime connected to Plex. Runs just like the 6 will run. Only difference is that I need two cable cards, so an extra $10 per month from Comcrap!

LSExt2016

Post by LSExt2016 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:29 pm

NedS wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:18 am
LSExt2016 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:44 am
jmcguire525 has been trolling for a while, and started attacking moderators personally, then posted a picture of the Chinese flag with the Silicondust logo edited in. Expressing frustration is fine, but a line of unacceptable behavior was crossed.
Yea, Chinese flag would be a bit much, didn't see that as you took it down swiftly and rightfully so. I've had mine edited as well though and they were not about a Chinese flag, only on the Prime 6 issues. Wish we could get a definite on this Prime 6 even still coming out, and some details if so on what the delays are, it's been a very long time coming. Years now. We wouldn't be so passionate about getting answers if we didn't love the tuners that Silicon Dust puts out. Just hope they still love the cablecard market back.