A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
speedingcheetah

Re: When the Prime 6 comes out, how many are you planning on getting

Post by speedingcheetah » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:36 pm

nickk wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:29 pm
speedingcheetah wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:16 pm
It was on this very fourm that one of you stated that a certain gen was known for weak tuners
No. All HDHomeRun PRIME (HDHR3-CC) units use the same tuners and RF input stage. The RF performance exceeds cable industry certification goals and every unit is RF tested at factory.
speedingcheetah wrote:
The tuners gradualy failed. they "work" but cut out or have weak degrading signal, or just wont load at times, i still have one of the failed units in a box in my closet.
That seems very odd. Any chance you can send it to us for analysis? (including the power adapter)

I am still using my HDHomeRun PRIME from 2011.

Nick
What good would that do for you now, that model is EOL, not being made anymore, far as I knew. So "analyzing" would do nothing to improve on anything...
How about focusing on manufacturing the Prime 6 Tuner eh?...lolz.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:59 pm

speedingcheetah wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:36 pm
What good would that do for you now, that model is EOL, not being made anymore, far as I knew. So "analyzing" would do nothing to improve on anything...
Offering to help. We will do our best to analyze and repair so you can use it again.

speedingcheetah

Post by speedingcheetah » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:02 pm

nickk wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:59 pm
speedingcheetah wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:36 pm
Offering to help. We will do our best to analyze and repair so you can use it again.
If u want to send me a pre-paid label .....I am not certain if I have the power adapter that went to it...may have gotten mixed up with all myother adpaters< did it have the HDHR logo on it?

LSExt2016

Post by LSExt2016 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:51 pm

nickk wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:29 pm
speedingcheetah wrote:
It was on this very fourm that one of you stated that a certain gen was known for weak tuners
No. All HDHomeRun PRIME (HDHR3-CC) units use the same tuners and RF input stage. The RF performance exceeds cable industry certification goals and every unit is RF tested at factory.
speedingcheetah wrote:
The tuners gradualy failed. they "work" but cut out or have weak degrading signal, or just wont load at times, i still have one of the failed units in a box in my closet.
That seems very odd. Any chance you can send it to us for analysis? (including the power adapter)

I am still using my HDHomeRun PRIME from 2011.

Nick
Hey, Nickk, just between you and me...SiliconDust isn't ever gonna release the Prime 6 are they???