When the Prime 6 comes out, how many are you planning on getting

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
speedingcheetah

Re: When the Prime 6 comes out, how many are you planning on getting

Post by speedingcheetah » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:04 am

"[removed by moderator - see forum rules] [removed by moderator - see forum rules] "

LOLZ to these to?

Your method of editing users posts is useless and not useful.

No idea what was removed or edited in the previous posts, so reading the forum rules does not mean anything as one can not know what said rule is being enforced.
I don't recall anything bad. just lots of frustrated customers in regards to the Prime 6.

StraightThruTheHeart

Post by StraightThruTheHeart » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:54 am

[posts from this account are not displayed]

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:55 pm

LSExt2016 knows what they said.

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:45 am

So is it safe to say its not coming out in 2019 ? :lol:

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:01 am

I had originally said I would get two Prime 6's. I'm not planning to get any now since discontinuing Xfinity. I'm now on streaming and miss nothing from Xfinity.

EddieP

Post by EddieP » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:55 am

None Prime 6 is too little too late for my HouseHold. Also the fact that you do not have on Demand Content like the apps do.. which I find myself watching more on demand content on my FireTV Cube.

StraightThruTheHeart

Post by StraightThruTheHeart » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:11 pm

StraightThruTheHeart

Post by StraightThruTheHeart » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:14 pm

cbdudek

Post by cbdudek » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:18 pm

I am still planning on getting a Prime 6, but it depends on how things change between now and when it comes out. I have Nvidia Shield with apps to watch any content that I please. I also have a HDHomerun Prime that works perfectly. If Comcast comes out with Xfinity Stream on my Nvidia Shield, then I may not even bother with a hardware solution anymore.

LSExt2016

Post by LSExt2016 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:10 am

cbdudek wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:18 pm
I am still planning on getting a Prime 6, but it depends on how things change between now and when it comes out. I have Nvidia Shield with apps to watch any content that I please. I also have a HDHomerun Prime that works perfectly. If Comcast comes out with Xfinity Stream on my Nvidia Shield, then I may not even bother with a hardware solution anymore.
I'm planning on getting the Prime 6, hopefully, if it ever comes out. I have the Xfinity Stream thru my Roku which is fine, you can record on their service online for a limited storage space as well. The downside is you cannot record to your own server like Plex to be able to watch at any time later and there's only the limit of your server as to how much you can record. Once you fill up the Xfinity DVR online, you have to delete in order to make more space. If you don't save your tv shows for later use, and don't use something like Plex as a media server, simply using the Xfinity Stream service is a much cheaper option than buying a Prime 6 and then renting a cable card.

speedingcheetah

Post by speedingcheetah » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:18 am

LSExt2016 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:10 am
cbdudek wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:18 pm
I'm planning on getting the Prime 6, hopefully, if it ever comes out. I have the Xfinity Stream thru my Roku which is fine, you can record on their service online for a limited storage space as well. The downside is you cannot record to your own server like Plex to be able to watch at any time later and there's only the limit of your server as to how much you can record. Once you fill up the Xfinity DVR online, you have to delete in order to make more space. If you don't save your tv shows for later use, and don't use something like Plex as a media server, simply using the Xfinity Stream service is a much cheaper option than buying a Prime 6 and then renting a cable card.
I tried the Xfinity stream app on my Nvidia Shield TV...had to side load as it does not show up in the Play Store on the Shield)
I loaded up, however, it says you can only use if on your home wifi......i am, but I guess they mean you must have Comcast internet as well, i just have CATV.
It also will not let me login to use TVGO channels streams.

I have dropped my Xfinty CATV package to the lowest one they have (starter, well, there was Eco but the phone rep stated it is no longer available???) for a few months more, as i still have contract to run out. I got TVE login setup to Channles dvr from Philo and my folks Xfinity login, so i can internet stream a lot of things that way. I got a HDHR Connect Quatro and an antenna to get OTA channels. Working well. ....so, CATV is going away for me in the next few months. cutting the cord. so, no need for a 6 tuner cable card for me.

EddieP

Post by EddieP » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:23 am

I loaded up the Xfinity stream app on my FireTV Cube and a FireTV4k and it works.... use it for mostly on demand.... or when tuners are in use. I also use TVE on Channels DVR.... Just cannot get used to using the HDHomeRun UI... or DVR. Love their hardware though best tuners.

rmalbers

Post by rmalbers » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Came back here to see if there is any news, there isn't any. If this ever comes out it's going to have to be real cheap or I'm out. I'm thinking about going with youtube tv. I hate the hd view app interface a bunch, still with WMC here but maybe not for long.

shspvr

Post by shspvr » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:10 pm

rmalbers wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:46 pm
Came back here to see if there is any news, there isn't any. If this ever comes out it's going to have to be real cheap or I'm out. I'm thinking about going with youtube tv. I hate the hd view app interface a bunch, still with WMC here but maybe not for long.
I think they need find way bring back Premium TV

LSExt2016

Post by LSExt2016 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:21 pm

At this point the only real reason to have a new Prime 6 tuner is for those that want to DVR shows either via the HDHome Run app or Plex Pass DVR. Things are changing now if all you want to do is stream live tv but not record, many options. [removed by moderator - see forum rules]