HDHomerun Client

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
epete

HDHomerun Client

Postby epete » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:36 pm

I am probably the only person with interest in this, but I would love an HDHomerun player with a good back-lit remote with programmable TV Power, TV Volume and TV Input.

I would like to get away from non HDHomerun players that dont work very well. The assumption is that if SD had control of the playback hardware that some of the playback glitches could be resolved.

Glitches that I see include freezing, pausing, muting of audio for several seconds when play starts or after skip forward or skip back. Hopefully this would also resolve unresponsive skip forward and skip reverse problems as well. A reliable playback option would really do wonders for the SD Live/DVR/Prime solution.

mcewinter
Device ID: 131044D3, 103188F3

Re: HDHomerun Client

Postby mcewinter » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:13 pm

I am probably the only person with interest in this, but I would love an HDHomerun player with a good back-lit remote with programmable TV Power, TV Volume and TV Input.

I would like to get away from non HDHomerun players that dont work very well. The assumption is that if SD had control of the playback hardware that some of the playback glitches could be resolved.

Glitches that I see include freezing, pausing, muting of audio for several seconds when play starts or after skip forward or skip back. Hopefully this would also resolve unresponsive skip forward and skip reverse problems as well. A reliable playback option would really do wonders for the SD Live/DVR/Prime solution.
Shhh! Prime 6 first, please. ;)

RockandRoller70
Device ID: 1311127E / 1322D7A7

Postby RockandRoller70 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:26 pm

These problems you mentioned are not experienced by everyone. Skip forward / reverse has worked fairly reliably for a long time. Audio muting after playback starts can be fixed by turning off AC3 pass through.

You probably should qualify what your setup is. However, it's worth noting that a while back I saw issues of this sort with a USB hard drive that was sub par. After switching to another drive, the problems resolved.

[removed by moderator - see forum rules]

mcewinter
Device ID: 131044D3, 103188F3

Postby mcewinter » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:57 pm

These problems you mentioned are not experienced by everyone. Skip forward / reverse has worked fairly reliably for a long time. Audio muting after playback starts can be fixed by turning off AC3 pass through.

You probably should qualify what your setup is. However, it's worth noting that a while back I saw issues of this sort with a USB hard drive that was sub par. After switching to another drive, the problems resolved.

[removed by moderator - see forum rules]
Although, they could make a box for the sole function of a head-end. And from there make an all in one box much like a typical(?) DVR.

epete

Postby epete » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:13 pm

Was just putting the idea out there. I wasn't trying to derail Prime 6 or begin a support session for my configuration issues. But yes an all in one dvr would also serve my purpose. The only think missing with all of the other DVR's out there is the Prime TV service.

edit. I meant Premium TV service.

Return to “Future Product Discussion”