When will HDHomeRun Prime 6 available?

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
rosede

When will HDHomeRun Prime 6 available?

Postby rosede » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:05 pm

I have/had a HDHR 3 for several years, but unfortunately it no longer works and I am trying to replace it. It appears to me that the HDHR 3 is no longer available and that I need to upgrade to the new HDHomerun PRIME 6. I'm okay with that, but I would like to upgrade today, not in a couple of months.

When will it be available?

Thanks

Daryl

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Re: When will HDHomeRun Prime 6 available?

Postby NYPlayer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:09 pm

I have/had a HDHR 3 for several years, but unfortunately it no longer works and I am trying to replace it. It appears to me that the HDHR 3 is no longer available and that I need to upgrade to the new HDHomerun PRIME 6. I'm okay with that, but I would like to upgrade today, not in a couple of months.

When will it be available?

Thanks

Daryl
No one knows.

rosede

Postby rosede » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:22 pm

No one knows.
That's to bad. Guess I'm being forced to purchase a used over priced HDHR3-CC from ebay.

Daryl

Fin745

Postby Fin745 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:21 pm

No one knows.
That's to bad. Guess I'm being forced to purchase a used over priced HDHR3-CC from ebay.

Daryl
I bought me a Ceton PCIe 6 off of eBay , if everything works well when I get it I’m more then happy to sell you one or both of my HDHR3-CC at a fair price.

rosede

Postby rosede » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:13 pm

I bought me a Ceton PCIe 6 off of eBay , if everything works well when I get it I’m more then happy to sell you one or both of my HDHR3-CC at a fair price.
Please PM me with information when you're ready.

Thank

Daryl

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:23 pm

There are 2 things keeping me hopeful that the Prime 6 gets released before the March/April Preorder/shipmnent of the Scribe and Servio…
1. Prime 6 is still listed on the site under products, and neither Scribe or Servio have been added as coming soon and it's been over a week since the announcement.
2. Ted did say on the Lon interview he was heading to China right after CES so see how things are going.... so that tells me that something is in production. It seems early for the Scribe and Servio being produced if they wont be available to retail until April. They stated they were working on the DVR software for them, usually when something with firmware is built at the factory, part of production is flashing firmware onto the product, whether it be out of date and they are hoping to have an auto update the first time you turn it on?

Yes, Ted did say they were in production in the interview but he said the parts are being ordered, so what is in production?... I'm betting it's the Prime 6 he is checking on so he can bring some back to send to CableLabs to start the certification.... just my 2 cents

RockandRoller70
Device ID: 1311127E / 1322D7A7

Postby RockandRoller70 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:38 am

There are 2 things keeping me hopeful that the Prime 6 gets released before the March/April Preorder/shipmnent of the Scribe and Servio…
1. Prime 6 is still listed on the site under products, and neither Scribe or Servio have been added as coming soon and it's been over a week since the announcement.
2. Ted did say on the Lon interview he was heading to China right after CES so see how things are going.... so that tells me that something is in production. It seems early for the Scribe and Servio being produced if they wont be available to retail until April. They stated they were working on the DVR software for them, usually when something with firmware is built at the factory, part of production is flashing firmware onto the product, whether it be out of date and they are hoping to have an auto update the first time you turn it on?

Yes, Ted did say they were in production in the interview but he said the parts are being ordered, so what is in production?... I'm betting it's the Prime 6 he is checking on so he can bring some back to send to CableLabs to start the certification.... just my 2 cents
No, you totally misunderstood. It's the Servio and Scribe that are in production now for April release.

The Prime 6 hasn't even been submitted for Cable Labs certification, so it's months off at best.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:15 am

Ok,, so a company is in currently producing the equipment. they have the machines and assembly lines creating the product. do you really think it takes 3 months to produce, box and ship 10,000 units... they can probably build that many in a 2 days once the machines are configured

RockandRoller70

Postby RockandRoller70 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:45 am

Ok,, so a company is in currently producing the equipment. they have the machines and assembly lines creating the product. do you really think it takes 3 months to produce, box and ship 10,000 units... they can probably build that many in a 2 days once the machines are configured
Nobody said "making" the physical product was the hold up. They need CERTIFICATION from Cable Labs to produce the PRIME 6 because it's a cable product. That could take MONTHS. They acknowledged they haven't even begun this process yet. They aren't going to start making the actual consumer units until they have all approvals because what if certification is denied and something needs changed? They'd lose their shirts.

You're making many assumptions here, most of them completely wrong.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:49 am

and please ell me why they are able to edit the Prime 6 product page to coming in 2019 from coming soon, and no product pages yet for Servio or Scribe..... If Prime 6 is not coming out before Servio and Scribe, don't you think it wouldn't have been updated, or be missing, or the others would be put up quickly with the same coming in 2019?

I didn't know you had inside information to tell me "I'm wrong". I'm coming to my conclusions based on my observations

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Postby NYPlayer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:50 am

Nobody said "making" the physical product was the hold up. They need CERTIFICATION from Cable Labs to produce the PRIME 6 because it's a cable product. That could take MONTHS. They acknowledged they haven't even begun this process yet. They aren't going to start making the actual consumer units until they have all approvals because what if certification is denied and something needs changed? They'd lose their shirts.

I thought on the LonTV Interview they stated they had a prototype in their homes working … I assume that had to go through Cable Labs Certification in order to work and be used … is my assumption wrong ?

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:53 am

I thought on the LonTV Interview they stated they had a prototype in their homes working … I assume that had to go through Cable Labs Certification in order to work and be used … is my assumption wrong ?
if you made your very own equipment, it shouldn't need the certification, only if you are mass producing and selling it.

RockandRoller70

Postby RockandRoller70 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:25 am

If Prime 6 is not coming out before Servio and Scribe, don't you think it wouldn't have been updated, or be missing, or the others would be put up quickly with the same coming in 2019?
Really? That's what you're basing your assessments on? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They already had the page up, they just went in and changed the date. :roll:

In fact, by changing it from "Coming Soon" to "Coming in 2019", they're actually reducing expectations.
I didn't know you had inside information to tell me "I'm wrong". I'm coming to my conclusions based on my observations
Well, your conclusions are really quite bad because you're ignoring things that Ted Head said and coming up with some alternative reality that aligns with your own personal wishes.

So here's a novel idea, go watch the interview with Ted Head where he says the following things:

- the PRIME 6 had been shelved for months while working on other products (Scribe / Servio)
- the Servio and Scribe are going to start taking pre-orders in March for delivery in April.

[removed by moderator]

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:23 am

[removed by moderator]

Return to “Future Product Discussion”