The HDHomeRun Scribe Duo has been nominated for a Best of CES Award

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

The HDHomeRun Scribe Duo has been nominated for a Best of CES Award

Postby nateb » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:23 pm

Hey all, I'm pretty excited to say that the HDHomeRun Scribe Duo has been nominated by Engadget for Best Home Theater Device of CES 2019.

If you're feeling positive, I'd absolutely appreciate any votes for the Scribe Duo that you might be willing to give it! If not, no biggie. :)

https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/09/vot ... es-choice/

techpro2004

Re: The HDHomeRun Scribe Duo has been nominated for a Best of CES Award

Postby techpro2004 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:39 pm

Wouldn't it be great if you could only get the award if you actually delivered the proposed product The Prime 6 won best of ceweek 2018 yet I and many others are doubtful it will be delivered. It is 2019 and still has not been submitted to cablelabs. I say take away that award for last year and don't give them any more until they keep their word.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Postby nateb » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:44 pm

Wouldn't it be great if you could only get the award if you actually delivered the proposed product The Prime 6 won best of ceweek 2018 yet I and many others are doubtful it will be delivered. It is 2019 and still has not been submitted to cablelabs. I say take away that award for last year and don't give them any more until they keep their word.
Like I said, if not, no biggie.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:59 pm

+1. I feel duped

DebbieFL33
Device ID: 1318CAEB

Postby DebbieFL33 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:11 pm

Like I said, if not, no biggie.
Upvote for @techpro2004...no way will I offer support for another SD possible vaporware product/service. Love 💕 SD’s tuners...been using for >10 years, but non delivery (> 1 year) on software/product has become “no biggie” to SD...DRM recording, improved UI, 6 tuner Prime (combined with no stock of current 3 tuner Prime for us loyal customers, in case of failure).

Caveat emptor.

jseymour

Postby jseymour » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Wouldn't it be great if you could only get the award if you actually delivered the proposed product
Visio won a CES award one year for a tablet they never made, too. Annoyed those of us waiting for them to actually make the thing. Pretty much soured me on Visio and gave me a jaundiced view of CES awards.

I mean, congratulations and all, Nate, and I really love our Quatro, but... meh. Sorry.

sbm7815

Postby sbm7815 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:45 pm

Congratulations SD, this product definitely deserved a nomination.

To the people waiting on the Prime 6, remember that SD is taking its time to make sure they get things right. Think about how irritated you would be if they released a half-baked product that was riddled with bugs and problems. I personally don't want to deal with that. Nothing feels more demoralizing than a company using you as their beta tester after you just paid for their product. I just want things to work as smooth as possible. In the development world, you might think something is ready and then you find a last minute tiny issue that spirals into a disaster, sending your entire project back to the drawing board. These guys probably ran into something like that, because they are losing many sales by not having a cable card product on the market right now. It has been over a year since the Prime 6 announcement, so I'm sure we'll see it sometime this year. Patience is virtue!

bdbauer

Postby bdbauer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:50 pm

Given a CES where there was a lot of talk about a hamburger and an alarm clock, the Scribe is reasonably competitive for an award. :D

mcewinter
Device ID: 131044D3, 103188F3

Postby mcewinter » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:54 pm

To the people waiting on the Prime 6, remember that SD is taking its time to make sure they get things right. Think about how irritated you would be if they released a half-baked product that was riddled with bugs and problems. I personally don't want to deal with that. Nothing feels more demoralizing than a company using you as their beta tester after you just paid for their product. I just want things to work as smooth as possible. In the development world, you might think something is ready and then you find a last minute tiny issue that spirals into a disaster, sending your entire project back to the drawing board. These guys probably ran into something like that, because they are losing many sales by not having a cable card product on the market right now. It has been over a year since the Prime 6 announcement, so I'm sure we'll see it sometime this year. Patience is virtue!
I'm learning that they work on one project at a time per a DMZ article.

That said, I voted. Make us proud.

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Postby NYPlayer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:25 pm

The Problem is that they stopped manufacturing the Prime 3 so if the Prime 3 fails your only hope is maybe ebay and that is a crap shoot. So failure is not an option for the Prime 3. If a user with only 1 Prime has a failure they cannot wait until SD is ready with a Prime 6 they have to look elsewhere.

Aveamantium

Postby Aveamantium » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:38 pm

SD should at least offer replacements for dead Primes until the 6 tuner is available... Just my $0.02.

RockandRoller70
Device ID: 1311127E / 1322D7A7

Postby RockandRoller70 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:13 pm

[removed by moderator]

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:39 pm

We aren't mad they are taking their time and perfecting it. We are mad they abandoned it for these other products, kicked it to the side, not spending time to perfect it, and then in between made a tweak or 2 here and there. They had a prototype in hand a year ago and it still not sent to cable labs? They need to devote full time to getting it out. A lot of people are getting furious and about to abandon SD products altogether, which as others have explained, they may need to as their equipment dies and can't be replaced.

shawn_75

Postby shawn_75 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:01 pm

I've been looking forward to this device since it was announced as the Duo +. +1 from me!

Sorahl

Postby Sorahl » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:36 am

did you win?

Return to “Future Product Discussion”