NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by NYPlayer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:00 pm

AWill456931 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:22 am
NYPlayer wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:07 am
Have you looked at Premium TV being offered by Silicondust ?
Yes I have, alas in our current location we do not get a strong enough OTA signal for the premium add-on would be a solid solution, otherwise it is a great solution.

At the moment we have a basic internet connection and are using PS Vue, which is ok, but the reduced internet rate is about to expire at which point it will be better hit the cord for 2 years until we hopefully buy a house :) and can get decent OTA signals again.
I am looking to get rid of my Primes and need for Cable Card … looking to go all IPTV … I removed HBO from my Cable subscription and went to Prime HBO Channel … waiting for DRM has finally reached the end of my rope. I just wish that Silicondust Prime TV was better integrated with the FireTV interface or Android TV interface.

LBKirk

Post by LBKirk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:57 am

AWill456931 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:46 am
Jumping in on this overall discussion.

We are looking seriously at jumping on the Prime 6, if it happens "soon" I know this product has been promised for a long long time, this whole soon thing, are we thinking 2018 or is it a longer horizon?

We are looking at signing a Verizon FIOS contract and I want this to work if we do, but since we at the moment can't even get the old 3 tuner model the whole thing is up in the air.

Side question, anyone in the DC metro area that have been using FIOS and the HDHomerun Prime? Any experiences good or bad?
I currently have the 3 tuner Prime with FIOS and live in the DMV and it works great. I use mine with Plex which allows me to record directly to my NAS and watch my FIOS live anywhere in the world with my phone, Roku, or computer which is only possible with FIOS Gigabit if you want full HD quality. Comtrash's gig service still only gives you 45 Mbps upload which is a joke and useless. I've tested mine with 3 remote friends all watching different live TV channels from my house and it works great. The only issue is there are a few channels that are still blocked, Fox News, FX, FXX, and some other Fox sports and news channels, NatGeo channels, HBO Channels, and Cinemax channels but if you pay for those you can watch them on any smart device using their apps. I can watch all my sports live which was my true goal.

go45cvi

Post by go45cvi » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:24 pm

LBKirk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:57 am
Comtrash's gig service still only gives you 45 Mbps upload which is a joke and useless.
I have no soft feelings for Comcast but Plex does 720p perfectly well at 4mbps.

Where is this fabled prime?!?

TeleFragger

Post by TeleFragger » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:42 pm

so I am like many of you... but I have a question on the prime 6...

I understand that prime 6 will do 1 cable M card per 6 tuners.... cost - $199 so im reading if the device ever comes out...
but for the prime 3 tuner - it worked great for me...
which eludes to my question...why do yall need a 6 port? trust me id love to get one... seems like it is going to be a while but why not suffice with the 3 for now and upgrade later?

I have DirecTV Now for 2 streams currently and it is sufficient for our use. reading back a few pages I too am like many of you..
comcast/xfinity …. when I had my prime box M card. I get my normal HD Cable box for free then had to pay $7.10 (most likely $9.99 now as its been 2y). so not that $1-$2 for extra card....

im on a promo for the 250mb internet (250d/12u) and get 330mb d and 11-12mb up.... for $59.95 then it jumps after a year to $99/m plus my DTV Now... so at that point I may jump back to xfinity for a 2y locked promo as you can get internet and tv for $90.

what bothers me about xfinity is I was on a promo for $129.99/m after taxes, fees, this, that, port charges etc it was $169.99 for hbo/sho/cin/star/sports, hd.... but the bill came in at $174 this month, $168 next, $172 next.. never consistent.. how is that legal????

so I like not being on xfinity but im stuck with trying to decide like yall what to do...

I have the hdhomerun prime, hdhomerun connect quatro so ive got both covered!!!! just need to figure out what to do and for $22/m DTV Now is just too cheap to pass up....

JeffRand
Device ID: 131C369D, 1321FB16

Post by JeffRand » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:35 pm

TeleFragger wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:42 pm
which eludes to my question...why do yall need a 6 port? trust me id love to get one... seems like it is going to be a while but why not suffice with the 3 for now and upgrade later?
They are no longer making the 3 tuner prime and everyplace is sold out.

Keenan
Device ID: 13170B59

Post by Keenan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:36 pm

There's not much you can do as at the present time, SiliconDust doesn't even offer a CableCARD tuner for sale.

AWill456931

Post by AWill456931 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:34 am

LBKirk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:57 am
I currently have the 3 tuner Prime with FIOS and live in the DMV and it works great. I use mine with Plex which allows me to record directly to my NAS and watch my FIOS live anywhere in the world with my phone, Roku, or computer which is only possible with FIOS Gigabit if you want full HD quality. Comtrash's gig service still only gives you 45 Mbps upload which is a joke and useless. I've tested mine with 3 remote friends all watching different live TV channels from my house and it works great. The only issue is there are a few channels that are still blocked, Fox News, FX, FXX, and some other Fox sports and news channels, NatGeo channels, HBO Channels, and Cinemax channels but if you pay for those you can watch them on any smart device using their apps. I can watch all my sports live which was my true goal.
Thanks for the response, obviously still waiting for the 6 tuner release......

The issues you have with the Fox channels (and others) I assume are DRM related yes?

As I understand it, addressing DRM is part of the 6 tuner (and likely cause of the delays we are seeing), does this prevent you from watching the channels live or only recording? And is this only through Plex as your live TV source rather than the HDHomeRun Apps?

jay.woods

Post by jay.woods » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:25 pm

I'm also still waiting for this to be released. I can't find any Prime 3's anywhere.

Nostradamus

Post by Nostradamus » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:37 am

I bought a Quattro to hold me over for the time being, BUT, having the Prime 6 WOULD have made a great Christmas gift; maybe we'll have the Prime 6 for next Christmas. :cry:

SeaLight

Post by SeaLight » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:36 pm

I'm still waiting on the 6 as well. My Prime just stopped working just over a week ago and support hasn't responded to my request for a replacement/repair. Instead they sent me a replacement power supply which I knew wasn't going to do anything. Thankfully I'm still under warranty but I'm still bummed out that I can't watch TV. I'm hoping to get something before Christmas but I have a weird feeling that won't happen...

joshg678

Post by joshg678 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:17 pm

I am also interested the getting the new Prime.
What is the hold up? Come on Guys.

Kendog52361

Post by Kendog52361 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:34 pm

I freely admit I'm speculating, so take this with a load of salt. Now, that being said, assuming they didn't have production ready by, say, late August/early September for Black Friday/the Christmas Season, they may have decided to hold off on announcing it now, when they either have no where near the capacity necessary for sales, or time to ship them since Christmas in in 2 days in favor of a pretty big deal happening soon. Consider what happens a couple of weeks after Christmas, it's CES, where the world's tech media is all descending on Las Vegas. Announcing it there, gets the maximum press coverage possible, especially if it's available "today"/immediately for order/shipping. Sure, those enthusiasts, such as many of us, aren't super happy it wasn't out for Christmas, but SD has to focus on more than just us, such as everybody else who would be "targeted" with the Prime 6.

uconnctfan33
Device ID: 1322E4EF

Post by uconnctfan33 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:03 am

Kendog52361 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:34 pm
I freely admit I'm speculating, so take this with a load of salt. Now, that being said, assuming they didn't have production ready by, say, late August/early September for Black Friday/the Christmas Season, they may have decided to hold off on announcing it now, when they either have no where near the capacity necessary for sales, or time to ship them since Christmas in in 2 days in favor of a pretty big deal happening soon. Consider what happens a couple of weeks after Christmas, it's CES, where the world's tech media is all descending on Las Vegas. Announcing it there, gets the maximum press coverage possible, especially if it's available "today"/immediately for order/shipping. Sure, those enthusiasts, such as many of us, aren't super happy it wasn't out for Christmas, but SD has to focus on more than just us, such as everybody else who would be "targeted" with the Prime 6.
I hope you are right that we can get some kind of update during the CES event!

jasondeanny

Post by jasondeanny » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:24 am

But didn't they announce the new 6 tuner at last year's CES?

https://twitter.com/HDHomeRun_US/status ... 7939635201
https://www.techhive.com/article/324909 ... r-box.html
https://www.windowscentral.com/hdhomeru ... d-mid-2018

So we're a year older and this "new" device is still MIA. Not sure what they're waiting for at this point.

RockandRoller70
Device ID: 1311127E / 1322D7A7

Post by RockandRoller70 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:00 pm

[posts from this account are not displayed]