6 tuner prime soon !!!

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
Post Reply
StraightThruTheHeart
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:37 pm

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by StraightThruTheHeart » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:49 pm

Since we're now into September, I'm thinking 2019 is highly unlikely.

It was longer than 4 months between the announcement of the Scribe and Servio and when they shipped.

rrussis82
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:46 pm
Location: Western MA

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by rrussis82 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:01 pm

StraightThruTheHeart wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:49 pm
Since we're now into September, I'm thinking 2019 is highly unlikely.

It was longer than 4 months between the announcement of the Scribe and Servio and when they shipped.
The difference is the Prime 6 was announced already. The Scribe and Servio were announced at CES 2019 with an approx. release date (even tho a similar version of the Scribe was also announced at CED 2018). SD was quiet about it's release until it was time for pre-order. So since the Prime had already been announced with a 2019 date, I assume they will also be quiet about any release until either a pre-order date is set or it's official release.

petemitchell
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:23 am

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by petemitchell » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:49 am

With **** looking to force ads on its customers, you might pick up some ex-**** customers provided you can actually get this thing out the door.

Edit: Wow, blocking out a competitors name is kind of childish...

Rickt1962
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by Rickt1962 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:13 am

Really its coming !!! Pull my finger LOL

cheapdad00
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:38 am

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by cheapdad00 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:03 pm

jtpcamp wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:01 pm
I did streaming for nearly a year and then Spectrum tossed me a deal that costs less than Internet and YouTubeTV was costing me for 36 months


What deal did Spectrum offer you that was for 36 months? I have Spectrum and can only get 12 month deals.

Is there any way to pre-order HDHomeRun PRIME 6??
When Google Fiber was installed in my neighborhood, the Spectrum offers became very attractive. You still need to quit and re-register 30 days later (new customers only), but worth it to lock in for 3 years.

400 mbps internet standalone for 29.99.
Triple Play Select/Silver/Gold for $69.99/89.99/109.99 for 36 months (TV/Phone/400 mbps internet)

replayreb
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:14 am

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by replayreb » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:22 pm

So, what's everyone want for Christmas?

shspvr
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by shspvr » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:27 pm

replayreb wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:22 pm
So, what's everyone want for Christmas?
A winning lottery ticket ;)

EddieP
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:04 am

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by EddieP » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:27 pm

shspvr wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:27 pm
replayreb wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:22 pm
So, what's everyone want for Christmas?
A winning lottery ticket ;)
+1

mikesalz
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by mikesalz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:17 am

Now that we're in Q4, is SD going to change the Prime 6 release date to 2020??? This company is a joke.

shspvr
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by shspvr » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:21 am

mikesalz wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:17 am
Now that we're in Q4, is SD going to change the Prime 6 release date to 2020??? This company is a joke.
And your point is ? my guest is they don't have greenlight to start selling to any one so in tell that happen every one's is SOL and SD is out a big wad of cash.

mikesalz
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by mikesalz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:57 am

shspvr wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:21 am
And your point is ? my guest is they don't have greenlight to start selling to any one so in tell that happen every one's is SOL and SD is out a big wad of cash.
This might come as news to you, but SD announced the Prime 6 almost TWO years ago. If they had their ducks in a row they would have started the approval process in a more timely fashion.

shspvr
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by shspvr » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:29 pm

mikesalz wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:57 am
shspvr wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:21 am
And your point is ? my guest is they don't have greenlight to start selling to any one so in tell that happen every one's is SOL and SD is out a big wad of cash.
This might come as news to you, but SD announced the Prime 6 almost TWO years ago. If they had their ducks in a row they would have started the approval process in a more timely fashion.
And that make no diff if Cable Labs doesn't approve it

mikesalz
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by mikesalz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:24 pm

shspvr wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:29 pm
And that make no diff if Cable Labs doesn't approve it
Are you suggesting that Cable Labs' approval process takes 2+ years? Because I highly doubt that. This was poor planning on the part of SD. Period.

It is nice of you to stick up for SD. They do make great products. They just need to focus more on their implementation.

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 522
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by NedS » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:21 pm

We were too optimistic in our original ETA, yes, and people are right to scold us about that. However, please understand that there are various factors at play, most of which we can't talk about publicly at this time. I don't blame anyone for not holding their breath about the 2019 internal deadline, but that's still the only information I have and am allowed to say about the PRIME 6's progress.

mikesalz
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by mikesalz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:05 pm

NedS wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:21 pm
We were too optimistic in our original ETA, yes, and people are right to scold us about that. However, please understand that there are various factors at play, most of which we can't talk about publicly at this time. I don't blame anyone for not holding their breath about the 2019 internal deadline, but that's still the only information I have and am allowed to say about the PRIME 6's progress.
Thank you for the information Ned. Remember, the reason why are so frustrated is that we are excited about this product!

Post Reply