6 tuner prime soon !!!

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
EddieP

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by EddieP » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:24 am

Credits and Fees
Is there an additional charge for using a Partner Device?
There's no additional charge for using the Xfinity Stream app on Partner Devices. All other fees associated with your service will still apply, except during the beta trial, we are waiving the "additional outlet" service charge if you use the Stream app on a Partner Device. Pricing may change in the future.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/article ... a-app-faqs

go45cvi

Post by go45cvi » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Comcast could try to charge for the app. They'd be playing with fire given how fast people are ditching cable already. If the prime6 ever comes out maybe I'll try cablecard again, damn sure not paying a $10 outlet fee.

cbdudek

Post by cbdudek » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:37 pm

We really don't know what is going to happen. All I am saying is that the longer it takes for the Prime 6 to come out, the greater the possibility will be that we may not need it. If streaming is a zero cost option, and many of us already has smart TVs, Nvidia Shield, Amazon Fires, and so on, then the Prime 6 may not be needed. I am glad that my 3 tuner Prime is working great right now, and I will buy a Prime 6 if it comes out in the next month or two. If it gets heavily delayed, then I may not need to buy it at all.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:54 am

cbdudek wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:37 pm
We really don't know what is going to happen. All I am saying is that the longer it takes for the Prime 6 to come out, the greater the possibility will be that we may not need it. If streaming is a zero cost option, and many of us already has smart TVs, Nvidia Shield, Amazon Fires, and so on, then the Prime 6 may not be needed. I am glad that my 3 tuner Prime is working great right now, and I will buy a Prime 6 if it comes out in the next month or two. If it gets heavily delayed, then I may not need to buy it at all.
I did streaming for nearly a year and then Spectrum tossed me a deal that costs less than Internet and YouTubeTV was costing me for 36 months so I'm back to CableCARD and a Prime, even after I sold my previous two Primes. Now I have two Quatros and a new to me Prime for a total of 11 tuners. Fortunately for us a good portion of our recordings are done on local OTA stations.. Point being, don't count it out just yet; with all the bleeding of Subs and increased costs for LiveTV streaming services, CableTV is getting savvy and pricing is getting competitive..

gee4time

Post by gee4time » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:41 pm

I too have been patiently wait since I saw the announcement at CES 2018. I've be waiting for this product since the prime 3 tuner soldout. As for cablecare, when I renew this past Feb. with the cable company, I subscribed to one set top box and an cablecard. I've been paying for the card each month still in hopes that Silicondust will keep their promise of releasing the Prime 6.