Conflicting Statements... Which is it?

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
scyto

Re: Conflicting Statements... Which is it?

Post by scyto » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:53 am

I don’t see evidence it is too few people - they seem to have several pregnancy problems (aka it takes X months, adding more people doesn’t speed it up). For example the being messed around by chipset vendors is one of these. Also have you ever acquired a company or been acquired? It rarely works out very well and acquisition itself slows things down. But I understand why you think it would be helpful. It would be better if they were sponsored early access product, but that has implications I suspect SD has no interest in agreeing too.

jake21

Post by jake21 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:16 pm

Well - all i have to say is that right now there is no replacement for the hdhomerun prime (which I use with linux). Given that I run linux i could care less about drm recording since that will almost certainly not work on linux. If my prime were to fail today I would have no option with regards to an SD product and would have to look else where (the few home prime for sale are outrageously priced). Therefore if the rumor that the delay is due to software i hope it is released before my 3 year old prime fails (I'm not expect it to fail but like all electronics it is good until it isn't).

scyto

Post by scyto » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:52 pm

Couldn’t care less.

Anyhoo, the issue in delay was two chip issues this is detailed in the other thread that goes round in circles (so you are forgiven if you didn’t read it :D ) of course that will always have knock on issues wrt software.