Post by shspvr » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:30 am

NedS wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:28 am
mcewinter wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:42 pm
NedS wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:59 pm

The answer is yes, to both.
Is it priority #1? I'm not sure how else to ask in such a way that your answer doesn't sound diplomatic. It's likely I would have received the same answer had I asked the same question over the last few years.
It's whatever needs to be done to get a release by the end of 2019. If that means dangling developers over tanks with sharks in them to motivate them, or more likely, something reasonable, then so be it.

Plus, rumor has it that our CEO is getting a new cable provider that has most of the channels DRM restricted, so what better motivation than having the head of the company wait with us, really wanting DRM-recording support ;)

(I shouldn't have to say, but I will, that should be taken tongue-in-cheek. Of course, the CEO and everyone else has been dedicated to getting DRM working and the PRIME 6 released, regardless of if it affects them personally or not.)
LoL what ever happen to Sweet, Pizza and Energy Drinks

Lone Browncoat

Re: 6 tuner prime soon !!!

Post by Lone Browncoat » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:46 pm

I'm strictly OTA and know how get around DRM.
Geek since 1980.
Not so concerned about the number of tuners* but the hassles of having to re-map the channels when they do shift from their current positions because the repack of available high VHF and UHF carrier frequencies is already happening.
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mb ... ,last#last

Then getting co-ordinated with Schedules Direct, http://schedulesdirect.org/ and whatever PVR software you're using, my choice is the Cliff Watson EPG Project http://schedulesdirect.org/approvedsoftware

Joined up here in the hunt for ATSC 3.0 hardware that may be coming out, in the future, as other related sites.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/index.php etc.etc.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home- ... st55822868

[off-topic comment removed by moderator] The Pay-TV stuff as well, my main concern is the live news, as the PVR computer and the HTPC
are set and any disruption to the stations and I won't get my wake-up, dinner-time, or late evening news.

I have two modest HDHR4s two-tuner models, currently one MDP-130 tuner and use KMPlayer or Pot Player on the other machines, you have a strange UCP here, no place for avatars or their slogans, couldn't put more than one character in the sig file box. I suppose I'll get used to it.

mcewinter wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:14 am
NedS wrote:
mcewinter wrote:

Is it priority #1? I'm not sure how else to ask in such a way that your answer doesn't sound diplomatic. It's likely I would have received the same answer had I asked the same question over the last few years.
It's whatever needs to be done to get a release by the end of 2019. If that means dangling developers over tanks with sharks in them to motivate them, or more likely, something reasonable, then so be it.

Plus, rumor has it that our CEO is getting a new cable provider that has most of the channels DRM restricted, so what better motivation than having the head of the company wait with us, really wanting DRM-recording support ;)

(I shouldn't have to say, but I will, that should be taken tongue-in-cheek. Of course, the CEO and everyone else has been dedicated to getting DRM working and the PRIME 6 released, regardless of if it affects them personally or not.).0
Great answer!! thank you!!!

replayreb

Post by replayreb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:58 am

The website changed yesterday...
https://www.silicondust.com/product/hdhomerun-prime-6/

Old
New

leerandall
Device ID: 131102D9, 1326E147

Post by leerandall » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:36 am

I've a question for SD: Will the Prime 6 require one or two tuning adapters?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:10 am

One for the version being talked about in this thread.

leerandall
Device ID: 131102D9, 1326E147

Post by leerandall » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:15 am

Thanks for the info.

shspvr

Post by shspvr » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:58 am

leerandall wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:36 am
I've a question for SD: Will the Prime 6 require one or two tuning adapters?
If I recall right 6 is the maximum number per-tuning adapters just like with old Ceton InfiniTV 6 devcie

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:11 pm

A far as the TA is concerned, most cisco's can do 8 with most firmware used these days, but most cablecards are limited to 6 streams (a 900 series cisco card (PKM908) can do 8 if one were to have an 8 tuner device)

Mediaman
Expert

Post by Mediaman » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:46 am

NedS wrote:
mcewinter wrote:
NedS wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:59 pm

The answer is yes, to both.

(I shouldn't have to say, but I will, that should be taken tongue-in-cheek. Of course, the CEO and everyone else has been dedicated to getting DRM working and the PRIME 6 released, regardless of if it affects them personally or not.)
haha Have been banking on Ted's needs since he announced them at CES via Lon. As I remember he has a proto P6. Unfortunately it is not as easy to track certification of the P6 as the original was, and that was not easy. Cablelabs has improved security and removed some links I had found in the past. But I expect that SD will be able to navigate the certification in a timely manner [hopefully already in process just in case it needs adjustments]. Worry mostly about them finding the right chips with a supply stream for 3 years on all and coordinating the manufacturing time with their delivery. Hopefully the success of the Servio models and the obvious desire to do another run will not interfere with projected run time for P6.

kudos to SD team on selling out the production run basically in the pre order. The market has spoken and you guys won. Hope you find all the parts needed for another one that might take you into xmas. The Servio OTA tuners is as much of a plug and play all in one device as it can get IMO and what could be simpler than the 2TB recorder. All good additions to the family of tuners and now an accessory! Good marketing of the DVR with purchase and hope to see a strong subscription capture over time.