Recordings with missing frames?

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
TheDetective

Recordings with missing frames?

Postby TheDetective » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Is anyone else seeing some recordings in which every once in a while a couple of seconds of the video just seem to be missing? I’ll be watching a scene and the movie just seems to skip ahead a few seconds.

TheDetective

Re: Recordings with missing frames?

Postby TheDetective » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:54 pm

Has no one else experience this?

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Postby nateb » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:43 pm

This has been experienced in the past, but we thought we'd bitten this bug. Could you say which channels you are seeing it on?

ACraigo
Device ID: 1062E8EE

Postby ACraigo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:33 am

This has been experienced in the past, but we thought we'd bitten this bug. Could you say which channels you are seeing it on?
All of them.
[removed by moderator]

demonrik
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Postby demonrik » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:45 am

just adding - See this all the time still
Have learnt to live with it I suppose (not good) - but yes, it still occurs on ShieldTV (x2) and Jetstream 4k with latest beta.
Is completely random, and sometimes very hard to notice.
Not noticed it on Android Tablet (Sony Xperia Z3 Compact running Android 6.x)
Only recordings - liveTV is ok.

ACraigo
Device ID: 1062E8EE

Postby ACraigo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:21 am

Have learnt to live with it I suppose (not good)...
For me, it's still like fingernails on a blackboard.
Trust me, if they ever get it fixed I'll be the first one to organize a parade.

TheDetective

Postby TheDetective » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:15 am

The main channels I use are TCM and AMC. I've noticed it on both of them. One of the reasons this is annoying is sometimes when you hit a spot like this in the video it makes the whole video stop playing correctly unless you back up to right after the error, then it will start to play properly again. Otherwise, stuttering will occur and audio will be out of sync.

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:33 pm

The main channels I use are TCM and AMC. I've noticed it on both of them. One of the reasons this is annoying is sometimes when you hit a spot like this in the video it makes the whole video stop playing correctly unless you back up to right after the error, then it will start to play properly again. Otherwise, stuttering will occur and audio will be out of sync.
HDHomeRun app? Which client platform are you using?

If you have a recording that is not playing correctly after an error can you please upload it to a service like Dropbox or Google Drive and PM me the share link.

Nick

TheDetective

Postby TheDetective » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:20 pm

HDHomeRun app? Which client platform are you using?

If you have a recording that is not playing correctly after an error can you please upload it to a service like Dropbox or Google Drive and PM me the share link.

Nick
I've been replaying the files in Emby. I'll try uploading a file if I get a chance. My download speed is decent but I'm on DSL so my upload speed is pretty bad. About 1.9 Mbps tops upload.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”