Timezone off or just the PTV stream?

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
CareBearKiller

Timezone off or just the PTV stream?

Postby CareBearKiller » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:32 pm

Howdy!

I'm noticing PTV shows are starting much later than the old cable feed or online guides show... IE, 11pm instead of 6pm. Also seems like some shows/episodes are a week behind.

Is this normal or is my Quatro just skipping between time zones like Doctor Who or something?

tonywagner

Re: Timezone off or just the PTV stream?

Postby tonywagner » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:36 am

Howdy!

I'm noticing PTV shows are starting much later than the old cable feed or online guides show... IE, 11pm instead of 6pm. Also seems like some shows/episodes are a week behind.

Is this normal or is my Quatro just skipping between time zones like Doctor Who or something?
This is normal. Some channels are available exclusively with their Eastern time zone feed; others, Pacific. See the chart here:

https://www.silicondust.com/support/faq ... ating-from

If a channel has both feeds available, like A&E, amd you think you are getting the wrong one for your location, send a message to support@silicondust.com and they can correct it.

Zorg

Postby Zorg » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:04 am

Yep, normal.

With the timezone stuff for some channels, you're probably seeing week-old shows because the older episode is being rerun earlier/later in the schedule by the channel. Some channels do this a lot; the new episode airs at 8pm, but last week's airs at 7, week before that at 6, last week's again at 9, etc.

Consult the timezone stuff above and check guide data in the app. App guide should be correct and match what you're seeing on HDP. You might have to adjust your viewing habits to watch the new episode at 9 on Tuesdays instead of 7, or whatever.

Note that if you are considering the DVR service, it will have the correct guide info for HDP and will deal with the time zones and record the correct (new) episode. Then you can just watch it at your convenience, time-zones be darned ;) .

CareBearKiller

Postby CareBearKiller » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Sorry for the delay, work has been hectic this week. Thank you for the replies. I think I got it figured out today.

A&E Live PD is one example. So, last night should have been the episode from well...2/1/2019. If I look at the file HDHR recorded, it shows 2-1-2019 in the file name....well, not that exactly, but it shows the correct date.

I have HDHR recording to an additional library on my Plex server. When I look at that show in Plex, the metadata it pulls is showing it's the episode from 1/26/2019. So, I think Plex is what's really throwing me off here.

As for the times, I think that's just me. LOL
I'm in AZ and we opt out of daylight savings time, which throws a lot of things off, including us. Using the LivePD example, it's on at 9pm ET. For most channels that would mean 6PM PT, since it's sort of a live show. A&E? Nope. 9PM PT, which would mean 10pm here, not the 7pm I was expecting. So, mix that with the data in Plex and I just felt like something was wrong.

...somethis is wrong... Me. LOL

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”