Streaming Services Compared - Why do sources that do these comparisons always ignore the HDHomeRun Premium TV service.

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Re: Streaming Services Compared - Why do sources that do these comparisons always ignore the HDHomeRun Premium TV servic

Postby NYPlayer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:15 am

You need to Improve the quality which is more important than the weather channel. Quality is lagging behind other Streaming services.
O...kay? I'm not sure how this comment applies to the current conversation. Are you saying in order for Premium TV to listed by the various bloggers and websites, the video quality needs to improve? Or are you just kind of going for the casual jab?
I think he's saying that you would get more subscribers with better PQ. More subscribers = more likely to be included in the conversation with other providers.

Also need FS1 and BTN. My 2 cents. 😊
Exactly

NatHillIV

Re: Streaming Services Compared - Why do sources that do these comparisons always ignore the HDHomeRun Premium TV servic

Postby NatHillIV » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:14 am

O...kay? I'm not sure how this comment applies to the current conversation. Are you saying in order for Premium TV to listed by the various bloggers and websites, the video quality needs to improve? Or are you just kind of going for the casual jab?
I think he's saying that you would get more subscribers with better PQ. More subscribers = more likely to be included in the conversation with other providers.

Also need FS1 and BTN. My 2 cents. 😊
Exactly
I second that idea. I would subscribe just to get rid of my second Xfinity box, which is a giant pain.
And, I could use OTA along with PremiumTV without having to change inputs on my TV from antenna back and forth to Xfinity.
I really like the idea of PremiumTV, but without my wife's Hallmark/TVG and without my sports, I'm really stuck with Xfinity, which is a giant pain and horribly overpriced.

d21mike

Postby d21mike » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:43 am

For those that need Hallmark and other similar channels. My wife also requires these channels and others which include TV Land and UPtv.

I have decided to supplement with ***** which is either $16 or $20 (UPtv is part of the $20). They have no sports or news.

[link removed by moderator]

Remember "Happy wife, happy life". :)

d21mike

Postby d21mike » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:50 am

Looks like this forum restricts mentioned other TV Streaming services even if it is to "SUPPLEMENT" their offering. The one I was trying to mention and was "*****" out would allow users on this forum to use HDHomeRun Service which is missing a number of channels (not just the ones that were dropped) for a reasonable price. My wife is interested in Premium TV but would not consider it without certain channels. By subscribing to this other service for missing channels she is willing to drop our cable tv service and just go with HDHomeRun OTA and Premium TV Service but only with this supplement.

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Postby NYPlayer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:53 am

Looks like this forum restricts mentioned other TV Streaming services even if it is to "SUPPLEMENT" their offering. The one I was trying to mention and was "*****" out would allow users on this forum to use HDHomeRun Service which is missing a number of channels (not just the ones that were dropped) for a reasonable price. My wife is interested in Premium TV but would not consider it without certain channels. By subscribing to this other service for missing channels she is willing to drop our cable tv service and just go with HDHomeRun OTA and Premium TV Service but only with this supplement.
In my Household it is required to be able to record these channels not just supplement them. We definitely require TLC and Hallmark... before we even think about dropping Cable.

JamesMi

Postby JamesMi » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:31 am

We absolutely need HGTV which I am sad to see that it's not part of the Prime service.

d21mike

Postby d21mike » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:32 pm

In my Household it is required to be able to record these channels not just supplement them. We definitely require TLC and Hallmark... before we even think about dropping Cable.
The reason I suggested this "additional" streaming service is because it does have the missing channels including TLC and 3x Hallmark Channels. It does allow for "Saving" shows. Maybe keeping CABLE for you is cheaper then switching to HDHomeRun Premium TV (current $24.95 + additional streaming service (separate app) for $16). At such time as Premium TV adds the channels back (+more) then you can simply cancel the extra streaming service.

MuttJunior

Postby MuttJunior » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:35 am

The reason I suggested this "additional" streaming service is because it does have the missing channels including TLC and 3x Hallmark Channels. It does allow for "Saving" shows. Maybe keeping CABLE for you is cheaper then switching to HDHomeRun Premium TV (current $24.95 + additional streaming service (separate app) for $16). At such time as Premium TV adds the channels back (+more) then you can simply cancel the extra streaming service.
I do the same (and sounds like the same service as a supplement). It's still less than cable TV is, and I get all the channels I want, with the exception of our regional Fox Sports channel. But I'm OK with that, and still get the games on there an alternate way - I go to the local bar and have a beer or two while watching the game if I'm in the mood to see one (baseball and hockey - football I get OTA).

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”