Streaming Services Compared - Why do sources that do these comparisons always ignore the HDHomeRun Premium TV service.

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
epete

Streaming Services Compared - Why do sources that do these comparisons always ignore the HDHomeRun Premium TV service.

Postby epete » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:38 am

I periodically search through articles that compare streaming services online to see what is available. Why is it that the HDHomeRun Premium TV service is never mentioned.

I think HDHomeRun should reach out to some of these reviewers with some data to make it easier for these reviewers to add this to reviews. I think this would go a long way in bringing in new customers that are unaware of this service.

spencer777

Re: Streaming Services Compared - Why do sources that do these comparisons always ignore the HDHomeRun Premium TV servic

Postby spencer777 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:52 am

I periodically search through articles that compare streaming services online to see what is available. Why is it that the HDHomeRun Premium TV service is never mentioned.

I think HDHomeRun should reach out to some of these reviewers with some data to make it easier for these reviewers to add this to reviews. I think this would go a long way in bringing in new customers that are unaware of this service.
Cordcutters.com mentions Premium tv, the most don't see Omniverse as a legit provider.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: Streaming Services Compared - Why do sources that do these comparisons always ignore the HDHomeRun Premium TV servic

Postby nateb » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:21 pm

We do actually reach out to these sources. I think it's most just an underdog thing. We need a big enough subscriber base that they start feeling obligated to include us, lest they start upsetting their readers. Still, there are some things we provide that really are pretty unique, and then we do tend to get included.

For example, Premium TV is one of very few streaming providers that includes the Weather Channel. As we grow, I'm personally expecting us to start seeing spikes during hurricane season, simply because Premium TV will be one of the easiest ways to follow along.

Mister Mike

Postby Mister Mike » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:32 pm

HDHomeRun Premium will be taken seriously if and when they come up with a Roku app.

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:00 pm

HDHomeRun Premium will be taken seriously if and when they come up with a Roku app.
Roku will be taken seriously when they fully support MPEG 2

tonywagner

Postby tonywagner » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:46 pm

For example, Premium TV is one of very few streaming providers that includes the Weather Channel.
But don't all of the various Omniverse-based providers have the Weather Channel too? With less specific hardware requirements?

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Postby NYPlayer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:51 pm

We do actually reach out to these sources. I think it's most just an underdog thing. We need a big enough subscriber base that they start feeling obligated to include us, lest they start upsetting their readers. Still, there are some things we provide that really are pretty unique, and then we do tend to get included.

For example, Premium TV is one of very few streaming providers that includes the Weather Channel. As we grow, I'm personally expecting us to start seeing spikes during hurricane season, simply because Premium TV will be one of the easiest ways to follow along.
You need to Improve the quality which is more important than the weather channel. Quality is lagging behind other Streaming services.

tonywagner

Postby tonywagner » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:54 pm

Cordcutters.com mentions Premium tv, the most don't see Omniverse as a legit provider.
And even if they see Omniverse as legit, aren't there at least 7 mostly identical services using Omniverse as a provider? It might be hard to include them all. And while SD offers a unique feature (local recording), it also comes with a unique hardware requirement that makes them less comparable to the majority of streaming services right now.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:42 pm

Roku will be taken seriously when they fully support MPEG 2
OOOO BURN!

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:32 pm

You need to Improve the quality which is more important than the weather channel. Quality is lagging behind other Streaming services.
O...kay? I'm not sure how this comment applies to the current conversation. Are you saying in order for Premium TV to listed by the various bloggers and websites, the video quality needs to improve? Or are you just kind of going for the casual jab?

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:05 am

You were listed at https://www.suppose.tv/tv but no longer. Why?

jbinkley60

Postby jbinkley60 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:26 am

Roku now supports MPEG2 as of v9.0 of code which was recently rolled out. Long overdue.

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:18 am

Roku now supports MPEG2 as of v9.0 of code which was recently rolled out. Long overdue.
It is my understanding that not all Roku models support mpeg-2. Maybe this is why silicondust hasn't built an app for Roku yet? I think that they should do it anyhow and those with older roku's might want to consider upgrading their equipment. Silicondust could even offer some sort of incentive to buy newer roku's.

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:17 pm

It is my understanding that not all Roku models support mpeg-2. Maybe this is why silicondust hasn't built an app for Roku yet? I think that they should do it anyhow and those with older roku's might want to consider upgrading their equipment. Silicondust could even offer some sort of incentive to buy newer roku's.
The main reason we haven't made an app for it yet is bandwidth. We have only so many developers and so many irons in the fire already. Also, we have some issues with their player that need to be worked out. Once we've knocked out a few of the existing horse shoes or can otherwise free up developers, we can take a harder look at Roku.

dialitup

Postby dialitup » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:51 am

O...kay? I'm not sure how this comment applies to the current conversation. Are you saying in order for Premium TV to listed by the various bloggers and websites, the video quality needs to improve? Or are you just kind of going for the casual jab?
I think he's saying that you would get more subscribers with better PQ. More subscribers = more likely to be included in the conversation with other providers.

Also need FS1 and BTN. My 2 cents. 😊

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”