Hallmark, Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet, Travel Channel & OWN

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
urbnsr

Re: Hallmark, Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet, Travel Channel & OWN

Postby urbnsr » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:24 pm

When these channels are restored, any idea if this will be a permanent resolution? Seems like I hear about satellite customers periodically getting a warning that they may loose their local channels. This seems to happen every other year or so. I'd hate to jump from cable to HDHR Premium TV only to loose channels here and there.

mike3

Re: Hallmark, Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet, Travel Channel & OWN

Postby mike3 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:17 pm

When these channels are restored, any idea if this will be a permanent resolution? Seems like I hear about satellite customers periodically getting a warning that they may loose their local channels. This seems to happen every other year or so. I'd hate to jump from cable to HDHR Premium TV only to loose channels here and there.
I had a enough. Cancelled. I will be back when the channels are restored.

rmansava

Postby rmansava » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:01 pm

I also had enough. The channels need to come back AND the quality of the streams need to improve.

mrtkopa

Postby mrtkopa » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:03 pm

So I was wrong.
What do you mean?
I saw the channels on the guide and assumed they were functional. I posted they were back. I then tried to watch them and they were not functional, so I was wrong. They are not functional.

mikesalz

Postby mikesalz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:29 am

It has now been a month and a half since the channels were dropped. Sure, the holidays got in the way and slowed down contract negotiations. But we are now at the end of January. Is there ANY update on this? nickk???

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:32 am

Long time Prime user here..... was just going to buy a Connect Quatro and go with the live TV setup Told the wife and daughter and they said fine, just as long as Hallmark and the Food Network is on it. Look at the channel lineup and dang, where they be? Come to the forum and see this.

Oh well, will stick to Spectrum and my Prime for now... seeing this has been going on for a long time it does not look promising. Actually the channel lineup is rather weak right now. The brand new shiny Email SD just sent me almost worked. 8-)
PremiumTV and my good phriend Fill-o will fix you right up!

rpcameron

Postby rpcameron » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:46 am

It has now been a month and a half since the channels were dropped. Sure, the holidays got in the way and slowed down contract negotiations. But we are now at the end of January. Is there ANY update on this? nickk???
Apparently the negotiations are happening between Omniverse and the rightsholders. SiliconDust is not part of the picture, other than as a consumer of Omniverse's streams. (And some channels have now been missing for over 2 months ...)

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:22 am

Apparently the negotiations are happening between Omniverse and the rightsholders. SiliconDust is not part of the picture, other than as a consumer of Omniverse's streams. (And some channels have now been missing for over 2 months ...)
Except all but one of the other Omniverse re sellers still have those channels

Zorg

Postby Zorg » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:12 pm

[removed by moderator]

feelfree86

Postby feelfree86 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:37 am

Except all but one of the other Omniverse re sellers still have those channels
This. There are other "omni" services that have those channels back up and are actively marketing those channels in their line up. So there's definitely something different going on between SD, omni, and Discovery, Inc, that's unique compared to the others.

My question is at what time does SD start negotiating with Discovery, Inc. directly to get the channels back (thereby reducing their reliance on omni)?

Mister Mike

Postby Mister Mike » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:22 am

Meanwhile, SiliconDust just billed us all $34.99 without the $10 credit for the still-missing channels.

GwoodCordCutter

Postby GwoodCordCutter » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:08 pm

Meanwhile, SiliconDust just billed us all $34.99 without the $10 credit for the still-missing channels.
Same thing just happened here. Billed the full $34.99. No $10 credit. Anyone know how to get in touch with customer service?

ACraigo
Device ID: 1062E8EE

Postby ACraigo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:35 am

Same thing just happened here. Billed the full $34.99. No $10 credit. Anyone know how to get in touch with customer service?
support@silicondust.com

Mister Mike

Postby Mister Mike » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:39 am

SiliconDust just sent me the credit this morning, along with an aplolgy for the error.

feelfree86

Postby feelfree86 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:59 am

I've had enough waiting. Without these channels and with all of the billing issues SD has been having, I'm canceling my Premium service. Once and if this is all figured out, I might return.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”