Nickk - Please Confirm Credit Due to Channel Issues.

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
johnluber

Re: Nickk - Please Confirm Credit Due to Channel Issues.

Postby johnluber » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:59 am

@dinki

Agree completely. SD should have a process in place to auto-credit. If that process fails for some reason they should take steps to intervene and correct the overcharge manually. It should not be on the customer to detect and report the overcharge; at least not on a mass scale.

Ronvp

Postby Ronvp » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:00 pm

The silence is insulting!! We should not be treated like this!!

TechTaiycho

Postby TechTaiycho » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:34 pm

I'm wondering if some of us are taking things too personally? Think about it. Are members of the SD dust team being quiet because they don't give a crap or could it be that they have already said everything they could from a legal and practical point? Maybe they feel like no matter what they say, some of us are still gonna complain?

I consider the following hypothetical situation where: I am SD and I launch a service based on a contract with upstream provider. Then upstream provider for whatever reason breaks that agreement. If I am gonna seek compensation for the loss of revenue, maybe I cant seek to recover the discounts that I made a decision to offer. Maybe I can only seek compensation for the discounts my customers demanded.

All this is hypothetical and my 2cents.

NedS
Silicondust

Postby NedS » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:59 pm

@dinki

Agree completely. SD should have a process in place to auto-credit. If that process fails for some reason they should take steps to intervene and correct the overcharge manually. It should not be on the customer to detect and report the overcharge; at least not on a mass scale.
I'm just a part time support tech, and I don't have access or real insight into how the shop system is set up, but I believe the issue is just that. There was an automatic credit in place in the system, and something went wrong and it either didn't get extended or something else technical happened that prevented it from being automatically applied. All I know is that it's being corrected, and if need be, SD will manually process the credits until everyone is taken care of. Everyone.

If they have to strap rockets to our backs and put us on roller skates and pass out $10 bills, so be it, but I assume they'll just refund the on-file credit card number.

tonywagner

Postby tonywagner » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:38 am

I'm just a part time support tech, and I don't have access or real insight into how the shop system is set up, but I believe the issue is just that. There was an automatic credit in place in the system, and something went wrong and it either didn't get extended or something else technical happened that prevented it from being automatically applied. All I know is that it's being corrected, and if need be, SD will manually process the credits until everyone is taken care of. Everyone.

If they have to strap rockets to our backs and put us on roller skates and pass out $10 bills, so be it, but I assume they'll just refund the on-file credit card number.
I appreciate the response. But why the assumptions? This has been an issue all week. Nate and Nick both visited this thread and others, but offered no explanation at all to the deluge of billing error reports, just a simple "file a support ticket". It seems rather ridiculous that after a week, a part time supoort tech still has to make assumptions about his company's policy regarding a major, widespread billing issue.

And it seems rather ironic that on a forum heavily censored for speculation, SD has left a major billing issue unaddressed -- except for the speculation (albeit positive) of a part time support tech.

Please ask your boss for official comment. Please ask Nate or Nick to explain if they know more. The resolution to the billing issue is under SD's direct control -- no reason for SD to keep their customers in the dark for so long, like your upstream provider did.

John-Galt

Postby John-Galt » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:31 am

Me. too. No $10 credit. Ticket #113121.
Grrrrr!

NedS
Silicondust

Postby NedS » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:19 pm

I appreciate the response. But why the assumptions? This has been an issue all week. Nate and Nick both visited this thread and others, but offered no explanation at all to the deluge of billing error reports, just a simple "file a support ticket". It seems rather ridiculous that after a week, a part time supoort tech still has to make assumptions about his company's policy regarding a major, widespread billing issue.

And it seems rather ironic that on a forum heavily censored for speculation, SD has left a major billing issue unaddressed -- except for the speculation (albeit positive) of a part time support tech.

Please ask your boss for official comment. Please ask Nate or Nick to explain if they know more. The resolution to the billing issue is under SD's direct control -- no reason for SD to keep their customers in the dark for so long, like your upstream provider did.
I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. The only assumption being made is about what *exactly* caused the automatic credit to stop being applied, as I am unfamiliar with how the web shop is set up. The rest of my comment is the official position. Reverting to full price at this time was in error, and we will correct that error so that the credit will be applied to everyone, even those who didn't notice the charge and have not filed a support ticket.

tonywagner

Postby tonywagner » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:42 am

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. The only assumption being made is about what *exactly* caused the automatic credit to stop being applied, as I am unfamiliar with how the web shop is set up. The rest of my comment is the official position. Reverting to full price at this time was in error, and we will correct that error so that the credit will be applied to everyone, even those who didn't notice the charge and have not filed a support ticket.
Thanks for the clarification. But, why did Nick only tell people to open a ticket, if that wasn't necessary? I hope you are understanding my point, about how the lack of information (and offering perhaps conficting information) is very confusing to your users. This should be pretty obvious, from reading some of the posts around here. It is simply not reasonable to have a situation like this and expect your customers to divine the reason and your plan.

Maybe sticky a post about it, finally? Maybe include it in the already stickied health/status post? Maybe an email to all subscribers with an explanation too, for those that don't visit the forums. I am sure some customers will still have questions, but at least then you will have a clear official response to direct them to (and more direct/concise than my long exchange :) ).

kwhaley29

Postby kwhaley29 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:23 pm

I lost the credit after only one month as well and decided to cancel the service.

cmc850

Postby cmc850 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:38 am

I am posting to indicate that while I started the service in December and received an invoice for the credited amount in January, my invoice arriving today was for the full amount. Please advise whether I should be expecting this $10 to be credited, at what additional steps I need to take to make that happen?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Postby signcarver » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:23 pm

In theory you should have to do nothing and eventually you will get the credit... however you may wish to open a support ticket to possibly receive the credit sooner.

I just got charged this weekend and am going to give it a week to see if the credit gets processed as I believe part of the issue in issuing credit is the transaction hasn't fully completed (pending). When this was first set up, they were issuing coupon codes to presumably be used to manually renew the day before or so (on the day of, I was surprised to see that it would be posting in 3 hours when I checked)... however I believe they announced that they would no longer be using such coupon codes but I do believe that was part of the cause of what broke down. I also believe that there may be some other changes in either price or offering coming up in the next month that may also "need" a prorated credit but that is just my opinion.

satinkzo

Postby satinkzo » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:57 pm

I got billed 34.99 tonight. Renewal date is 2 days away. I cancelled tonight and it says my service will end 2 days from now even though they already charged me for next month. Ugh.im not even going to deal with their support. Just going to initiate a chargeback on cc.

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:44 pm

I got billed 34.99 tonight. Renewal date is 2 days away. I cancelled tonight and it says my service will end 2 days from now even though they already charged me for next month. Ugh.im not even going to deal with their support. Just going to initiate a chargeback on cc.
Please let me know the Device ID of your HDHomeRun - I will check.

Nick

mike3

Postby mike3 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:16 pm

Please let me know the Device ID of your HDHomeRun - I will check.

Nick
Nick what’s going on with the status update being removed? Are we getting these channels back?

cmc850

Postby cmc850 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:04 am

My device IDs:

HDHomeRun QUATRO (10730D4D)
HDHomeRun CONNECT (104CD5DB)

(note: submitted a support ticket)

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”