Nickk - Please Confirm Credit Due to Channel Issues.

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
alexander7567

Re: Nickk - Please Confirm Credit Due to Channel Issues.

Postby alexander7567 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:00 am

Nick what’s going on with the status update being removed? Are we getting these channels back?

This is really annoying.. Its been a hot topic for 2 months now, they just remove the status update and there are at least 4 posts asking what's up, and they completely ignore us. I see them posting in other places, just ignoring us. I have never dealt with a company refusing to provide answers this much. I have been a long time user of SD and all I am asking for is a simple "this is what is going on".

zaytar

Postby zaytar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:44 am

Nick what’s going on with the status update being removed? Are we getting these channels back?

This is really annoying.. Its been a hot topic for 2 months now, they just remove the status update and there are at least 4 posts asking what's up, and they completely ignore us. I see them posting in other places, just ignoring us. I have never dealt with a company refusing to provide answers this much. I have been a long time user of SD and all I am asking for is a simple "this is what is going on".
From what has been said already my understanding is that the negotiations for what happens next are all between third parties and SD is waiting on that process to complete. They are not directly involved in the contractual dispute. There is nothing SD can reveal about “what is going on” because they don’t know yet either. I’m not sure a daily post of “no news yet” would be very helpful.

alexander7567

Postby alexander7567 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:49 am

I don't expect a daily news update, in fact, I've been comfortably waiting for months for one and I've been fine. But there was a post of there is issues and we are working on it. That has been took down now as if there are no issues and nothing is missing. We are simply wanting to understand what changed. If it was took down for no reason and it's still being worked on, I'm cool with that. I would just like to know if there is a reason it was took down. That's all.

I've been monitoring that page quietly every few days for two months. So naturally I just wanted to know why it was took down and if something changed.

zaytar

Postby zaytar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:11 am

I don't expect a daily news update, in fact, I've been comfortably waiting for months for one and I've been fine. But there was a post of there is issues and we are working on it. That has been took down now as if there are no issues and nothing is missing. We are simply wanting to understand what changed. If it was took down for no reason and it's still being worked on, I'm cool with that. I would just like to know if there is a reason it was took down. That's all.

I've been monitoring that page quietly every few days for two months. So naturally I just wanted to know why it was took down and if something changed.
It would be reasonable to assume it was taken down because the post was no longer helpful. My point was that you called out SD employees for posting here and not providing an update. Not you specifically but several other posters here are in full out conspiracy theory mode as to what is going on and how SD is somehow hiding the “truth”. There is an upstream contract dispute and when the lawyers finish arguing we’ll all get an update.

d21mike

Postby d21mike » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:34 am

It would be reasonable to assume it was taken down because the post was no longer helpful. My point was that you called out SD employees for posting here and not providing an update. Not you specifically but several other posters here are in full out conspiracy theory mode as to what is going on and how SD is somehow hiding the “truth”. There is an upstream contract dispute and when the lawyers finish arguing we’ll all get an update.
Why do you feel it is reasonable to assume it was taken down because the post was no longer helpful? No longer helpful to who? To me, I think an "official" statement from SD is what is needed. No one is asking for the "official" statement to be updated daily but monthly or quarterly? But for sure the "official" statement should not be removed without explaining why it was removed. And since you seem to be on top of things could you tell us the "official" policy on the pricing while we are waiting for this to be resolved. My understanding is we get a $10 discount. But it is not clear that applies to new customers or just previous customers. Do you think it is possible since this has taken so long that SD would like to treat the new lineup as what you now get for $34.99 and that we might never get those channels back? Also, there was some talk about improved video quality. Do you have any information to share on that front? I know we would all like to know. Again, it would not take much for SD to post their "official" response to all of these issues. As far as I am concerned I do not think it is asking too much.

tonywagner

Postby tonywagner » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:06 am

From what has been said already my understanding is that the negotiations for what happens next are all between third parties and SD is waiting on that process to complete. They are not directly involved in the contractual dispute. There is nothing SD can reveal about “what is going on” because they don’t know yet either. I’m not sure a daily post of “no news yet” would be very helpful.
I, for one, am skeptical that any negotiations are currently happening. That would require Omniverse to be proactive on SD's behalf, when everything else SD has blamed on Omniverse suggests otherwise.

tonywagner

Postby tonywagner » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:20 am

I don't think it is a conspiracy theory to suggest that SD might be trying to obscure the fact that they lost channels. They are still charging $34.99 to sign up for the service; they are only processing $10 adjustments for the lost channels now upon request.

If they were being responsive on any of these related issues right now, I would agree with you that the removal of this status post would likely not be important. But as it stands, it seems they are either not being straightforward with customers here, and/or they are criminally understaffed for a subscription streaming service. (For example, we're now at 3 weeks and counting of a major unexplained billing error.)
Last edited by tonywagner on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

zaytar

Postby zaytar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:23 am

I, for one, am skeptical that any negotiations are currently happening. That would require Omniverse to be proactive on SD's behalf, when everything else SD has blamed on Omniverse suggests otherwise.
Omniverse is negotiating for their own benefits and my understanding is that SD is not the only downstream service affected by this.

zaytar

Postby zaytar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:28 am

I don't think it is a conspiracy theory to suggest that SD might be trying to obscure the fact that they lost channels. They are still charging $34.99 to sign up for the service; they are only processing $10 adjustments for the lost channels now upon request.
That's not entirely accurate - I didn't have to ask for the $10 credit, it was turned on automatically once SD realized the problem was going to last more than one billing cycle. That was also the experience of my friends and family that I encouraged to sign up for the service.

I was also impacted by the mistake of not getting that credit for one cycle, but that is what it was, a simple mistake.

If they were being responsive on any of these related issues right now, I would agree with you that the removal of this status post would likely not be important. But as it stands, it seems they are either not being straightforward with customers here, and/or they are criminally understaffed for a subscription streaming service.
They've admitted they are understaffed several times. That is probably the explanation for the 34.99 still being the default price as it would require some IT work to adjust the website, redo the the graphics, etc. I haven't seen anyone from SD being coy about the issues or denying when there are problems. They just don't have any information to share.

tonywagner

Postby tonywagner » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:33 am

Omniverse is negotiating for their own benefits and my understanding is that SD is not the only downstream service affected by this.
That's weird -- my understanding is the exact opposite. It seems to me that most known Omniverse-based providers are still offering these channels. Please share if you have a citation otherwise.

By SD's own admission, Omniverse didn't even tell SD *why* the channels were missing until they had been gone for a week or so. I'm not sure why you'd assume Omniverse's interests are strongly aligned with SD's interests here.

tonywagner

Postby tonywagner » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:36 am

That's not entirely accurate - I didn't have to ask for the $10 credit, it was turned on automatically once SD realized the problem was going to last more than one billing cycle. That was also the experience of my friends and family that I encouraged to sign up for the service.

I was also impacted by the mistake of not getting that credit for one cycle, but that is what it was, a simple mistake.
I know the credit was supposed to be automatic, but all I see here at the forum is a steady stream of $34.99 billing reports starting around Jan. 19 and continuing even now.

zaytar

Postby zaytar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:42 am

That's weird -- my understanding is the exact opposite. It seems to me that most known Omniverse-based providers are still offering these channels. Please share if you have a citation otherwise.
I don't have sources to cite beyond other discussion forums, Reddit, etc where this issue was/is discussed.
By SD's own admission, Omniverse didn't even tell SD *why* the channels were missing until they had been gone for a week or so. I'm not sure why you'd assume Omniverse's interests are strongly aligned with SD's interests here.
I'm not implying they are, I'm saying the exact opposite - Omniverse is working for themselves to make the best deal they can for themselves and are not looking out for the interests of any downstream users.

tonywagner

Postby tonywagner » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:49 am

They've admitted they are understaffed several times. That is probably the explanation for the 34.99 still being the default price as it would require some IT work to adjust the website, redo the the graphics, etc. I haven't seen anyone from SD being coy about the issues or denying when there are problems. They just don't have any information to share.
$34.99 is still the default price because SD was optimistic the channels would return (and/or they are not getting a $10 break per customer from Omniverse, and need to stay at the $34.99 price point to remain solvent long-term). SD had no trouble scrubbing the missing channels from the website otherwise.

To the extent that SD reps have been scarce here, you may not have seen them be coy. But it would take 2 minutes to type an official status post saying "we are aware of the $34.99 billing issue -- don't worry, everyone will get credited $10" but they haven't done it. They've responded to a few posters, though, instructing them to request the credit privately. It's not really a stretch to imagine that even the reps that appear on the forum here don't know what's going on, about SD's own billing policies much less the status of the Omniverse "negotiations".

zaytar

Postby zaytar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:58 am

$34.99 is still the default price because SD was optimistic the channels would return (and/or they are not getting a $10 break per customer from Omniverse, and need to stay at the $34.99 price point to remain solvent long-term). SD had no trouble scrubbing the missing channels from the website otherwise.
We'll have to agree to disagree. You see malice where I see an unfortunate series of events.

To the extent that SD reps have been scarce here, you may not have seen them be coy. But it would take 2 minutes to type an official status post saying "we are aware of the $34.99 billing issue -- don't worry, everyone will get credited $10" but they haven't done it. They've responded to a few posters, though, instructing them to request the credit privately. It's not really a stretch to imagine that even the reps that appear on the forum here don't know what's going on, about SD's own billing policies much less the status of the Omniverse "negotiations".
Someone did post the reposes given by support on that, which is how I knew what to do. Agree that the official SD representatives who take time to post here and be helpful have no idea what is going on with billing or the contractual matters. That's life in a tech company. My own background in working in IT for 30+ years it is entirely possible that the front line warriors have no idea what is being done behind the scenes - they can't show you behind the curtain because they aren't allowed back there.

tonywagner

Postby tonywagner » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:59 am

I don't have sources to cite beyond other discussion forums, Reddit, etc where this issue was/is discussed.
It was initially reported that another provider lost the channels too, but then got them back quickly. I have seen nothing since then to suggest this is not a SD-specific issue.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”