Channel Discount or Coupon & When

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
dinki

Re: Channel Discount or Coupon & When

Postby dinki » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:46 am

Are you a SD employee?

All I am saying is that I am paying for something and not receiving it (current month) and I expect to have my service discounted. I have already put in a ticket with SD support in regards to this. If you guys are happy with receiving only some sort of compensation (I'm being careful not to call it a discount or credit) for future months then that's your prerogative. There's no further need to correct the term I'm using to describe this.

sspell

Postby sspell » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:49 am

like I said credit is applied before payment..

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:51 am

I am not associated with SD in anyway. I just don't like to see when a company says one thing and others interpret things a different way than what was actually stated and come back angry because they didn't read what was actually stated.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:03 am

like I said credit is applied before payment..
Actually i do not see anywhere where it stated a credit before payment.

"Store credit on the other hand is always applied after the grand total, after all tax. It is used like a payment method - like using your credit card, or paying down a bill with your bank account, etc."

a credit can be applied at time of payment, or after. Maybe SD is being very careful in the term for the reason of the fees and taxes that are combined in their price. Who knows.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:13 am

Meriam Webster
Definition of discount
(Entry 1 of 3)
1 : a reduction made from the gross (see gross entry 1 sense 3b) amount or value of something: such as
a(1) : a reduction made from a regular or list price offering customers a ten percent discountbuy tickets at a discount

(2) : a proportionate deduction from a debt account usually made for cash or prompt payment
b : a deduction made for interest in advancing money upon or purchasing a bill or note not due
2 : the act or practice of discounting (see discount entry 2)
3 : a deduction taken or allowance made … we may … have to make very heavy discount, or even sometimes to reject our author's conclusions altogether.— G. G. Coulton

Definition of credit
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : reliance on the truth or reality of something gave credit to everything he saidGive no credit to idle rumors.
2a : the balance in a person's favor in an account
b : an amount or sum placed at a person's disposal by a bank
c : the provision of money, goods, or services with the expectation of future payment long-term credit also : money, goods, or services so provided They exhausted their credit.
d(1) : an entry on the right-hand side of an account constituting an addition to a revenue, net worth, or liability account
(2) : a deduction from an expense or asset account

sspell

Postby sspell » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:15 am

Ok so when you buy a car, a home, or get funds on credit since you understand it that wat you can pay all before you get your car or home or whatever. That kind of credit no one would want and is new to me. All I'm saying about it.

dinki

Postby dinki » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:16 am

I am not associated with SD in anyway. I just don't like to see when a company says one thing and others interpret things a different way than what was actually stated and come back angry because they didn't read what was actually stated.
I certainly do know how to read but I appreciate you trying to help those that can't.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:20 am

I certainly do know how to read but I appreciate you trying to help those that can't.
If that is the case why did you ask this question?
Has anyone received their discount?

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:28 am

By trying to explain this now, I am just merely trying to prevent an overflow of angry posts from people who receive their credit on their account when SD gets it squared away and be upset it wont be applied until their next billing cycle as that is how I read the statement. Whether they allow it be applied before they get it straightened out and refund from previous billing cycle, I don't know because SD has never stated that.

dinki

Postby dinki » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:32 am

Sure, but I don't understand why you feel the need to do any of that or why that would bother you.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:45 am

Because I think the product and services SD provide are great, by posters consistently posting about discounts will mislead other posters on this forum and when the credit gets rolled out I don't want to see people bash the company because they didn't get what they perceived was promised and cause others to join in on the bashing.

I've seen that a lot on forums and it takes all i have to not break forums rules and call people out on it with insults :-)

sspell

Re: Channel Discount, Coupon, or Credit & When

Postby sspell » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:05 am

That is fine I like SD too. I was only trying to define terms not what SD intends to do hence my original question refers to credit is why I ask it relating to my payment coming due. Good to have an understanding so I can budget things and everyone would know if they read here..

sspell

Re: Channel Discount, Coupon, or Credit & When?

Postby sspell » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:14 am

Ok I tried to edited the title to include credit but really it was a hypothetical question.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”