Channel Discount or Coupon & When

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
sspell

Channel Discount or Coupon & When

Postby sspell » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:34 pm

Service is due to charge in 6 days what happened to the $10 discount? Will make a difference if I renew.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Channel Discount or Coupon & When

Postby signcarver » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:29 pm

I never heard of them offering a $10 discount, but rather a $10 credit (wording implies one will still be charged full price but then a credit will (eventually, or simultaneously) be issued).

sspell

Postby sspell » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:25 pm

I never heard of them offering a $10 discount, but rather a $10 credit (wording implies one will still be charged full price but then a credit will (eventually, or simultaneously) be issued).
So what you say I have to renew before I know whats happing hmmm! Sad

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:23 pm

Quick update -

We completed the shop site upgrade today including the addition of advanced store-credit features.

We have a support request in to clarify a few things relating to issuing the credit... hoping it will be sorted out and live on Monday.

Nick

Catbigred

Postby Catbigred » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:00 pm

Mine just got charged today. Billing appeared to be normal no discount

dinki

Postby dinki » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:01 am

Has anyone received their discount?

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:07 am

Has anyone received their discount?
Nick has stated they were working to try to get it live on Monday. Yes today is Monday but do not forget, they are in Pacific Time and it is about 6:00 AM there and the business day has not started for them. Also worth mentioning they have stated they are working on a credit, not sure it would be considered a discount.

sspell

Postby sspell » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:23 am

"Credit Period

When a business allows a customer, such as a small business or retailer, to order goods or services without an immediate payment, the time between the invoice date and the payment due date is known as the credit period. During the credit period the customer may pay the debt or return a portion of the goods and pay the remaining portion of the debt. Some customers may also neglect to remit payment in a timely manner and abuse the trade credit privilege.

Discount Period

As an incentive to inspire more customers to pay early, some businesses choose to implement a discount period that provides customers with a fixed percentage of savings off of an item or order for paying within a specified amount of days. For example, a customer who pays for an order within 14 days may receive a 2 percent discount, while waiting 30 days to pay would result in a full charge. In trade credit terms, such an agreement is expressed as 2/14, net 30. The price of goods during the discount period is referred to as the true cost of the product. For a small business producing a product, offering a discount period to buyers often allows for a more rapid recovery of the costs of goods sold."

Copied from the internet above we are expecting a discount. Credit is the wrong term unless we are granted the subscription without paying right away if you pay first it is a discount...

dinki

Postby dinki » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:33 am

I'm expecting both a credit and a discount. They can credit me for the days I did not have these channels and they can discount the next month's bill.

sspell

Postby sspell » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:51 am

good one ha!

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:08 am

You have to go with what they have said. They said they were working on a way to give a credit. I don't believe I've ever seen a post from the moderators about issuing a discount. I just wanted to make sure that was clear so there aren't upset posters claiming they were promised a discount. I'll leave it up to SD how credit and discount are defined.

sspell

Postby sspell » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:18 am

You can leave it to SD to define already known terms if you want but a credit is given before you pay anything after such it is a discount or refund not a credit. You better have a credit in hand or available before you pay simple as that.

dinki

Postby dinki » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:32 am

You guys can call it what you want. All I know is that I paid full price this month for channels I did not receive so I expect to have my service partially discounted. I also expect to receive the discount for future payments as stated in the sticky post.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:36 am

You guys can call it what you want. All I know is that I paid full price this month for channels I did not receive so I expect to have my service partially discounted. I also expect to receive the discount for future payments as stated in the sticky post.
From Sticky
With regard to the HDHomeRun Premium TV line up, there is an upstream contract dispute relating to Hallmark, Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet, Travel Channel & OWN.

Our primary focus is our customers. Until this is resolved, Silicondust will issue a $10 credit per month to any affected customers.

We will continue to issue updates as they come.
I do not see the word discount.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:45 am

"Credit Period

When a business allows a customer, such as a small business or retailer, to order goods or services without an immediate payment, the time between the invoice date and the payment due date is known as the credit period. During the credit period the customer may pay the debt or return a portion of the goods and pay the remaining portion of the debt. Some customers may also neglect to remit payment in a timely manner and abuse the trade credit privilege.

Discount Period

As an incentive to inspire more customers to pay early, some businesses choose to implement a discount period that provides customers with a fixed percentage of savings off of an item or order for paying within a specified amount of days. For example, a customer who pays for an order within 14 days may receive a 2 percent discount, while waiting 30 days to pay would result in a full charge. In trade credit terms, such an agreement is expressed as 2/14, net 30. The price of goods during the discount period is referred to as the true cost of the product. For a small business producing a product, offering a discount period to buyers often allows for a more rapid recovery of the costs of goods sold."

Copied from the internet above we are expecting a discount. Credit is the wrong term unless we are granted the subscription without paying right away if you pay first it is a discount...
you are defining credit period and discount period. not retail/service credit vs discount.

https://www.magecredit.com/discounts_vs ... redit.html

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”