8 Missing Channels

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
rrussis82

Re: 8 Missing Channels

Postby rrussis82 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:38 pm

BTW - the licensing deals done by other OTT providers tend not to allow content to be used by third party apps (which is what the HDHomeRun app would be from their point of view).
Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Your board, your rules, my mistake. But wow that we can’t even mention the competition now. Good to know that’s how it’s going to be.
Zorg, I believe he was replying to me about my suggestion to negotiate with those other providers for PTV.

Zorg

Postby Zorg » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Perhaps, but my posts were also censored to remove references to Mr. Farnsworth, as were others.

I agree that this isn’t the place for outright promotion of competition, but suppressing conversation about them seems a bit much. [removed by moderator - see forum rules]

emveepee

Postby emveepee » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:26 pm

[removed by moderator - see forum rules]
Is an alternative fact = simple fact? Many Prime CableCard users and maybe some lucky clear QAM users will disagree with you. To me it seems you want your posts to be moderated.

Martin

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi Zorg,

This is a technical support forum for HDHomeRun products.

Your earlier posts wern't directly reviewed/moderated but we added a couple of entries to the blocked word list as part of a general forum review.

Your last post was directly moderated as faking censorship runs afoul the forum rule against fear/uncertainty/doubt posting.

We want you and everyone else to feel welcome here - happy to talk about HDHomeRun things.

Nick

Zorg

Postby Zorg » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:42 pm

[removed by moderator - see forum rules]
Is an alternative fact = simple fact? Many Prime CableCard users and maybe some lucky clear QAM users will disagree with you. To me it seems you want your posts to be moderated.

Martin
Someone with a cablecard or QAM obviously isn't affected by HDP having issues with these channels. All I meant was that H&D are offline on HDP and therefore other sources are a better option for those channels until they're restored on HDP. I'll be more careful next time.

To the mods, I understand my attempt at tongue-in-cheek humor was not received well. I will abide and I apologize.
Last edited by Zorg on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 11 times in total.

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Postby NYPlayer » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi Zorg,

Your earlier posts wern't directly reviewed/moderated but we added a couple of entries to the blocked word list as part of a general forum review.

Your last post was directly moderated as faking censorship runs afoul the forum rule against fear/uncertainty/doubt posting.

We want you and everyone else to feel welcome here - happy to talk about HDHomeRun things.

Nick
I really hope you can get this fully back up and running with all channels … as it is a great alternative to users that want to watch and record these channels and do not want to subscribe to cable.

Zorg

Postby Zorg » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi Zorg,

Nick
I really hope you can get this fully back up and running with all channels … as it is a great alternative to users that want to watch and record these channels and do not want to subscribe to cable.
I agree wholeheartedly.

mike3

Postby mike3 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:31 am

I’m sad to say I had to jump back on the ***** TV wagon. Bah. Buggy UI.

SD, I truly hope to see these channels and more soon! My guess, this is going to be a couple months before all this is resolved.

mike3

Postby mike3 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:34 pm

So no news still? Man

Andrroid

Postby Andrroid » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:12 am

Off to another service for me, as of today.

Between the mediocre initial response to this issue, the lack of a fix after two weeks and the confusing nature of the "credit", its time to move on unfortunately. I really loved the idea of this service due to both its integration with my OTA channels and being able to record and keep cable channels but SD may not be ready to provide quality service in this department yet.

Hopefully they can get back on track soon. Good luck!

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:28 am

Decided to go with a particular color service for a month. Hopefully we can get the PQ and channels sorted soon. Selling my 16 TB pr2100 on eBay if anyone is interested.

cmc850

Postby cmc850 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:01 am

I am in my first month of service, having paid the full price and initially having all the channels now missing, for the trial period and maybe a day or two beyond. I am prepared to stay with the service if my upcoming payment is credited the $10 against my next payment, or issued separately, or if the original channels are returned.

If none of those three things happen, or no detail is provided for what another remedy might be, it is only logical I move to another service and recommend against this one, which I otherwise quite like. Hoping the SD guys realize this is the path most will take.

Even if they announced that the new service offering is the same price, now with 8 fewer channels, I would give them some credit for clarity (on my way out!)

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:24 am

Decided to go with a particular color service for a month. Hopefully we can get the PQ and channels sorted soon. Selling my 16 TB pr2100 on eBay if anyone is interested.
That's too bad.

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:33 am

That's too bad.
Still have a My cloud, but it can't transcode. Deciding if I want to keep my duo and split the Antenna.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:36 am

That's too bad.
It is, NAS's are far more useful elsewhere other than a DVR. If i had a spare one hanging around, id be using it to store all my movies i ripped from DVDs, blurays, Music CDs, pictures, etc and point to Plex or Emby media server. Maybe even as security camera server. I'd also have a partition to do a weekly backup of any computers on my network. It's a shame so many new folks to this technology think its only useful to store DVR recordings.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”