Question for Admin about today's announcement.

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
TheDetective

Question for Admin about today's announcement.

Postby TheDetective » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:47 am

Is the 8 channel outage message in reference to the channels that have been missing lately, like Travel and HGTV? Are you saying that they are down due to a technical issue and will be returned?

mike3

Re: Question for Admin about today's announcement.

Postby mike3 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:59 am

More. Man this is some bad luck!

TheDetective

Postby TheDetective » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:08 am

More. Man this is some bad luck!
Are more channels out for your than the 8 that have already been out?

RVRover

Postby RVRover » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:41 am

The channels listed in the URL below as "Pacific" all work for me (in Houston).

https://www.silicondust.com/support/faq ... nnel-guide

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Postby NYPlayer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:47 am

Is the 8 channel outage message in reference to the channels that have been missing lately, like Travel and HGTV? Are you saying that they are down due to a technical issue and will be returned?
I agree they are very Vague … is it the original 8 or 8 more SD should be more clear.

Zorg

Postby Zorg » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Quite vague, indeed. Sure sounds like 8 new problems. Good grief. This is becoming quite a train-wreck of a month for SD. I hope they get 'em fixed quickly for those affected.
Last edited by Zorg on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Postby signcarver » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:13 pm

The issue is on a few channels that are pacific for those in the pacific region (I'm not at a subscribed location but I know here (on demo) we are not getting cartoon and bet, after getting that far from the end, it went to barker for all so couldn't test the others but believe lifetime and amc are also out)

if someone is in the pacific region that is subscribed, they can check the channels marked as available as eastern and pacific in the timezone chart.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Postby nateb » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:39 pm

Yup, only certain channels for people who are on the west coast. For everyone else in the US, there should be no problem (aside from the obvious one already ongoing).

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:51 pm

A software update caused a problem today - we are verifying everything.

Jbpete

Postby Jbpete » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Bummer. I am in the mountain time zone. Glad to hear this one should be fixed quickly. I really want Premium TV to be successful. I hope SD can get all these issues sorted out here soon.

boarder2

Postby boarder2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:41 pm

It's kind of crazy how terse and cryptic the messages that come from SD are regarding problems. Watching this forum over the last few days is making me continue to keep my Hulu live tv subscription even though I very much want the integrated solution with the HDHR DVR.

Lots of issues and very little information about them when they happen, who they impact, what parts of the service they impact, ETAs for resolution... all severely lacking.

Hopefully it gets better. I want to use the service but I have no confidence that it'll be reliable right now and unreliable definitely doesn't pass the wife test.

Noah0504

Postby Noah0504 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:06 pm

It's kind of crazy how terse and cryptic the messages that come from SD are regarding problems. Watching this forum over the last few days is making me continue to keep my Hulu live tv subscription even though I very much want the integrated solution with the HDHR DVR.

Lots of issues and very little information about them when they happen, who they impact, what parts of the service they impact, ETAs for resolution... all severely lacking.

Hopefully it gets better. I want to use the service but I have no confidence that it'll be reliable right now and unreliable definitely doesn't pass the wife test.
I don't really want to get into a back and forth, but everything you said is lacking, they actually did today -- other than list the specific channels.

They reported when there was a problem, what the problem was, an ETA and even what caused the problem.

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 pm

Happy to provide more information...

Today we did major backend software update that improves a number of things relating to the stream generation, adds some features we need for future channels, plus adds full video decode verification of all channels all the time.

When it went live it exposed an interesting bug we missed in our test environment. I made a quick post in the health thread and jumped into debugging the problem. Once the problem was understood we tested the fix and pushed it live.

I should have listed the affected channels in the health thread... was in a hurry to debug and wasn't able to spend much time on the forum today.

Nick

mikesalz

Postby mikesalz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:46 am

Nick, thank you for your explanation of the 8 channel fix. But please clarify... There are 8 additional channels that have in fact been permanently removed? Is SD in negotiations to get them back?

I was planning on cutting the cable this week and signing up for Premium service. I have been very excited about making the switch. Last week I purchased an HDHomeRun Connect Quatro and installed an attic antenna in preparation for the switch. I WANT to love your product! Please sell me on it... Tell me you're adding the missing channels back, and possibly others soon? With all of the bad news (and bad luck?) lately, I think your existing and potentially new customers need a ray of light here. Thanks!

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:28 am

Happy to provide more information...

Today we did major backend software update that improves a number of things relating to the stream generation, adds some features we need for future channels, plus adds full video decode verification of all channels all the time.

When it went live it exposed an interesting bug we missed in our test environment. I made a quick post in the health thread and jumped into debugging the problem. Once the problem was understood we tested the fix and pushed it live.

I should have listed the affected channels in the health thread... was in a hurry to debug and wasn't able to spend much time on the forum today.

Nick
Nick, I saw that post and was confused as to what channels were involved as I wasn't watching any of them, including the first 8. I think a quick listing of the effected channels in the health thread would be nice. Maybe the Health Thread needs to be a sub category split into distinct issues? Either way, thanks for your diligence in resolving issues and improving the product.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”