Channels Disappearing

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
nickk
Silicondust

Re: Channels Disappearing

Postby nickk » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:43 am

palpatine (OP) is a new forum member - please make him welcome.

Regarding lsawyer duplicate accounts - we have seen 6 attempts to create new accounts since yesterday.

Nick

jseymour

Postby jseymour » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:11 pm

palpatine (OP) is a new forum member - please make him welcome.
Welcome, palpatine!
Regarding lsawyer duplicate accounts - we have seen 6 attempts to create new accounts since yesterday.
[removed by moderator]

Had a forum I joined not long ago. Said something a moderator took amiss (wasn't anything rude, offensive, insulting or particularly remarkable in any way, really) and he got all up in my stuff. I was more surprised than anything else. "This is how you treat new members?", I asked. He deleted that post with a comment something like "Try again. You get one more chance." Replied that wouldn't be necessary, as I was outta there. And I was. Logged out, deleted the cookies, deleted the credentials in my keyring, and moved on with my life.

Wasn't the first forum I walked away from--merely the most recent. Probably won't be the last. Life's too short to spend bits of it where you're not wanted, and there are many forums in the Internet sea :)

palpatine

Postby palpatine » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:40 am

Hey fellow forum members,

I wasn't trying to stir up anything. I feel that I said what needed to be said, and that's it. The forum is the only voice we have at this point. As I stated in my post, I want SD to be successful. That's why I haven't cancelled yet. I like what they're trying to do. And while I'm sure my thread is not solely responsible for the $10 credit to next month's bill announced yesterday, you're welcome! :D

I've been a DirecTV customer for over 20 years, so I'm used to paying too much for TV. And yes, there have been times when they dropped channels during contract negotiations, but they were pretty honest and up front about it. And I must say that over the last 20 years the service, while steadily increasing in price, has been really good overall. But it's way too expensive. I know I shouldn't expect the same level of service from SD for less than a quarter of the price, but I have to draw the line somewhere. I hope this service works out for me (and everyone else), because I'm finally ready to cut the cord.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. That was certainly not my intention. It's good to hear that many customers are willing to give SD the benefit of the doubt. I shall endeavor to do the same.

mike3

Postby mike3 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:44 am

I enjoy having all my channels combined with my own DVR. It's a much better experience.

What I don't get is, why on earth would I pay another month of service for channels I'm missing and use? To get a discount ? That makes no sense. We want those channels in our home. I'm not going to pay an additional month to have missing channels? So if I don't pay another month, I get no discount? That logic makes no sense. I should have the discount applied now, not in the future if I renew.

Plus, what promise is there, that we actually get these channels back? And if we do, is it soon or is it months out?

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:09 am

Hey fellow forum members,

I wasn't trying to stir up anything. I feel that I said what needed to be said, and that's it. The forum is the only voice we have at this point. As I stated in my post, I want SD to be successful. That's why I haven't cancelled yet. I like what they're trying to do. And while I'm sure my thread is not solely responsible for the $10 credit to next month's bill announced yesterday, you're welcome! :D

I've been a DirecTV customer for over 20 years, so I'm used to paying too much for TV. And yes, there have been times when they dropped channels during contract negotiations, but they were pretty honest and up front about it. And I must say that over the last 20 years the service, while steadily increasing in price, has been really good overall. But it's way too expensive. I know I shouldn't expect the same level of service from SD for less than a quarter of the price, but I have to draw the line somewhere. I hope this service works out for me (and everyone else), because I'm finally ready to cut the cord.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. That was certainly not my intention. It's good to hear that many customers are willing to give SD the benefit of the doubt. I shall endeavor to do the same.
Palpatine, Welcome!

You your self did not stir anything up or offend anyone. There was a member who was stirring and offending who broke the forum rules consistently and was suspended and kept making new accounts and started posting from a few accounts making it look like a few people were replying to his post (if any of that makes sense to you.) You created your account and posted the same time that was ending and just made a few people suspicious and we apologize!

SD is a great company dedicated to helping you save money in cutting or shaving the cord. They are a bit slow on promised features, but they do end up coming to fruition. And this blow to PTV albeit is only assumingly temporary, but no one knows for sure, is causing a lot of tense times with many angry people, and then there are some of us who are just riding it out and waiting for the official information from SD when they themselves get an explanation.

I hope you enjoy your HDHomerun product and will continue to for many years to come. This is a great community to monitor and join in and voice opinion. Please don't let the current situation scare you away.

palpatine

Postby palpatine » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome and the clarification.

I don't know that much about SD yet, but it sounds like they've primarily been a hardware company up to this point. I hear lots of positive comments about their boxes, and I can say I'm pretty impressed with the Quatro that I have after only a few weeks. But now they're branching out into a service industry with their Premium TV offerings, which is a completely different type of business, with different customer expectations, SLA's, etc. I suspect there will be many bumps in the road as they grow and adjust to meet the expected service level of their customers. I admire their willingness to dive head-first into uncharted waters. Hopefully they'll make a go of it. I'll try to be more patient while they figure it out.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”