How long should we wait?

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
ACraigo
Device ID: 1062E8EE

Re: How long should we wait?

Postby ACraigo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:00 pm

This is more entertaining than Discovery channel. Let me pop some popcorn.
Don't say that... some network executive will inject advertising into it and create a new Reality TV Show... "Fun with Dorks and Streams" - this Winter on Discovery.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:10 pm

This is more entertaining than Discovery channel. Let me pop some popcorn.
Don't say that... some network executive will inject advertising into it and create a new Reality TV Show... "Fun with Dorks and Streams" - this Winter on Discovery.
This week on "Fun with Dorks and Streams" The missing channels cause drama, Is this the end of the world? and fake accounts causing riots! Don't miss it!

lsawyer

Postby lsawyer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:30 pm

[TOS VIOLATION: multiple forum accounts]

lsawyer

Postby lsawyer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:35 pm

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:47 pm

I have an SD box and subscribe to the service. Not sure how much longer I will subscribe unless the channels are returned. The lack of meaningful response by this company is amazing. I was not an original kickstarter, but I understand many of those folks are still waiting after years for DRM on their Prime boxes. Also the 6 tuner is overdue. Stage 2 has zero progress that we can see. At some point SD needs to deliver. We pay for a service, SD is not delivering the service they told us they would, and they can't tell us why. Anytime there is a thread they don't like or that is critical they lock it or ban the user.
They are not deleting or locking threads they do not like. They delete ones that go against their forum rules by posting untrue, speculation, anything that causes doubt, Etc. Posing as 2 members to make your speculation seem more possible would also be grounds to delete your posts.

dsinema

Postby dsinema » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:47 pm

We pay for a service, SD is not delivering the service they told us they would, and they can't tell us why. Anytime there is a thread they don't like or that is critical they lock it or ban the user.
Actually they are delivering the service they told us they would, right now there are missing channels, the service is still there. In my case it is many of the channels I am interested in, so the service is of less value to me. It is extremely frustrating, I get it...I also get that when it reaches a level of frustration I am not willing to accept I can move back to ***** (or whatever). The month-to-month billing makes it easy for me to say to SD "see you later". Dropping the service if you are frustrated is probably a better message than starting new threads to rehash the same complaint that is in at least 5 other threads. Or threatening to report them to some government agency...money or lack there of usually gets businesses to take notice more than yelling.

jseymour

Postby jseymour » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:53 pm

Zig - you have been posting from the same residential IP address as the lsawyer account. I was able to verify the lsawyer account. I was not able to verify the Zig account. Please PM me or email support@silicondust.com with the DeviceID of your HDHomeRun so we can verify this is not a duplicate forum account.

Nick
Oops?

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:07 pm

We pay for a service, SD is not delivering the service they told us they would, and they can't tell us why. Anytime there is a thread they don't like or that is critical they lock it or ban the user.
Actually they are delivering the service they told us they would, right now there are missing channels, the service is still there. In my case it is many of the channels I am interested in, so the service is of less value to me. It is extremely frustrating, I get it...I also get that when it reaches a level of frustration I am not willing to accept I can move back to ***** (or whatever). The month-to-month billing makes it easy for me to say to SD "see you later". Dropping the service if you are frustrated is probably a better message than starting new threads to rehash the same complaint that is in at least 5 other threads. Or threatening to report them to some government agency...money or lack there of usually gets businesses to take notice more than yelling.
We can move to other services, but some of us spent a lot of money building our home infrastructure for Premium tv

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:19 pm

We can move to other services, but some of us spent a lot of money building our home infrastructure for Premium tv
I understand that frustration. PTV is still early in it's infancy, most people understand that and have another service as a backup. ***** does offer a few days free trial and that may buy enough time for SD to get this sorted out. Any new services will have hiccups and glitches, especially when they are improving infrastructure, paying $16 a month for ***** back up for 6 months may just be worth it considering how much SD services save you on from other alternatives with fees and taxes that add up.

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:28 pm

I understand that frustration. PTV is still early in it's infancy, most people understand that and have another service as a backup. ***** does offer a few days free trial and that may buy enough time for SD to get this sorted out. Any new services will have hiccups and glitches, especially when they are improving infrastructure, paying $16 a month for ***** back up for 6 months may just be worth it considering how much SD services save you on from other alternatives with fees and taxes that add up.
But you are comparing it to cable, not other streaming services. You are now paying $53 with tax to get the missing Discovery. Much better values for OTT services out there.

dsinema

Postby dsinema » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:36 pm

Umm, OK? So, when I feel my frustration is past what I've invested than I will move to another service and sell the gear I've invested in, not maybe what I wanted to do...I don't feel like SD is purposely trying to drop these 8 channels.
Someone at SD messed up somewhere, either technically or by lack of knowledge of the contracts with the upstream, hopefully they get that figured out quickly and put things in place to prevent it in the future. I am relatively new to the service so I'm not sure if 8 channels disappearing before has happened. I am willing to cut some slack this time to allow them to get it figured out, hopefully sooner rather than later. Now, if this happens again then I will have lost confidence in SD to maintain their technical services or the contracts with upstream. And I realize not everyone may be that patient and if that's the case dropping PTV is probably the best message you can send.
Like I've said before I was on with ***** from the beginning and I remember losing channels...in many cases right when I was wanting to watch a live event! Wasn't fun...but I was done paying Comcast $100+ a month for channels I didn't want or cared about, so I lived with it.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Well no. I am not yet a PTV subscriber. I use a Prime device and bought a Connect Duo to try out my alternatives. I have tested a few indoor antennas and seem to only get 2 channels. I did get ***** for Science Channel and DIY Channel which neither my cable package, or PTV has. I would still keep ***** for those 2 channels for $16 a month if i went with PTV (once i get a decent outdoor antenna and get at least the major networks OTA)

lsawyer

Postby lsawyer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:00 pm

dsinema

Postby dsinema » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:05 pm

The difference is that with SD Premium TV we all had to invest into their hardware to get the service. With the other OTT's you don't. Now that we bought into their system the channels get pulled. Everyone can say just cancel and switch providers, but what the heck do you do with the HDHomeRun Box?
OTA with HHR box is still there, that's what I was doing before. And ***** for premium type channels, SD's PTV made it enticing to put it all in one interface/app. Not every OTT service offer local channels as part of a base package, so HHR would save on that. ***** was basically the same price as SD, but the limitations on the Disney channels were frustrating.

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:31 pm

The difference is that with SD Premium TV we all had to invest into their hardware to get the service. With the other OTT's you don't. Now that we bought into their system the channels get pulled. Everyone can say just cancel and switch providers, but what the heck do you do with the HDHomeRun Box?
OTA with HHR box is still there, that's what I was doing before. And ***** for premium type channels, SD's PTV made it enticing to put it all in one interface/app. Not every OTT service offer local channels as part of a base package, so HHR would save on that. ***** was basically the same price as SD, but the limitations on the Disney channels were frustrating.
Not just the box, but the extra storage

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”